ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa -Category B

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Accommodation and Meeting financial requirements

Post by vchiu » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:01 am

Hi to immigration experts.

We are about to apply for a spouse dependent visa and would like to know more information before making application.

My husband and I just got married in Dec 2017.

For the financial status, my husband is currently employed less than 6 months with full time contract, he started working since March 2018 with annual income £21000.He was previously employed in another company, which he worked there between Aug to Dec with full time contract with annual income £19000.
Earlier between Mar to June 2017, he was offered a a three month contract of £40 per hour and he received the pay by his limited company account, but the account was closed in July. Is this meeting the financial requirements?

In terms of our accommodation. We have been letting from a sublandlord, if the sublandlord is able to provide a letter of accommodation, is it advisable to use for the spouse dependent visa. :?:

I hope these information can help and it would be greatful if you could give me some advices.

Thank you :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Accommodation and Meeting financial requirements

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:18 pm

vchiu wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:01 am
Hi to immigration experts.

We are about to apply for a spouse dependent visa and would like to know more information before making application.

My husband and I just got married in Dec 2017.

For the financial status, my husband is currently employed less than 6 months with full time contract, he started working since March 2018 with annual income £21000.He was previously employed in another company, which he worked there between Aug to Dec with full time contract with annual income £19000.
Earlier between Mar to June 2017, he was offered a a three month contract of £40 per hour and he received the pay by his limited company account, but the account was closed in July. Is this meeting the financial requirements?
You can go ahead via category B as you can meet its first part by having the income of more than £18600 but in order to meet its second part you must have earned during the past 12 months at least £18600 excluding the self employment income.
vchiu wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:01 am

In terms of our accommodation. We have been letting from a sublandlord, if the sublandlord is able to provide a letter of accommodation, is it advisable to use for the spouse dependent visa. :?:

I hope these information can help and it would be greatful if you could give me some advices.

Thank you :D
yes sub landlord letter giving the consent for couples will be fine but you will have to provide the property inspection report as well. Usually one double room is sufficient for a couple without kids as long as the house is not overcrowded with other tenants.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:21 am

Hi Seagul,

Thank you very much for your reply and it has been very useful indeed. IJust one more question if I would like to apply for the visa, is it a must to make the application for the spouse visa outside Uk, as currently I have entred Uk as a tourist only .

Many thanks in advance.

Vicky

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:38 am

vchiu wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:21 am
Hi Seagul,

Thank you very much for your reply and it has been very useful indeed. IJust one more question if I would like to apply for the visa, is it a must to make the application for the spouse visa outside Uk, as currently I have entred Uk as a tourist only .

Many thanks in advance.

Vicky
Yes. All visitors/tourists are expected to leave and apply for spouse visa from their homeland/country of residence. Remember any refusal (if any) in past for getting visitor/tourist visa/entry won't affect spouse visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:26 am

Sorry Seagul, I don’t mean to long, a question just popped out in my mind, does my husband has go back to our home country to make the application. Thanks in advance :)

Vicky

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:14 am

vchiu wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:26 am
Sorry Seagul, I don’t mean to long, a question just popped out in my mind, does my husband has go back to our home country to make the application. Thanks in advance :)

Vicky
Holder of visitor/tourist visa has to go back for applying spouse visa.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:18 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:14 am
vchiu wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:26 am

Vicky
Holder of visitor/tourist visa has to go back for applying spouse visa.
Ic, so only myself has to go back only. Thank you so much for your help !

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Spouse Visa - Financial requirement

Post by vchiu » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi to all members of immigration boards,

I would like to apply for a spouse visa. My husband is an Indefinite Leave or Remain he will be with the company for 6 months in September.
I really hope you can help with my major doubt.

He is on contract and it says he is been offered £21000 per year.
however, in the 2nd month of his paid, is been reduced as he took one week leave to sort out family matters when he was still under probation. So his payslips with gross salary is been written as the following:

March £1590
April £1400
May £1750
June £1750
July £1750
August £1750

I would like to know if this will be qualified Category A - non salaried employment?

Many thanks in advance and I have all hopes in you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Financial requirement

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:13 am

Most of your monthly wages is identical so that's why you more likely fall under salaried person where the HO will take the lowest wages figure during the last 6 months. In your case it would be £1400×12= 16800 which won't meet the requirement. Alternatively if you are working then can cover that shortfall by your wages. Or that shortfall can be covered by cash saving. Or through category B where you must have earned £18600 during the last 12 months.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa - Financial requirement

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:48 am

You do not qualify for CAT A because they will take £1400 and use that for calculation.

Use CAT B or wait.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Spouse Visa - non salaried income

Post by vchiu » Tue May 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Dear all experts,

I have got an enquiry in here. Hope you can give me some advices.

If my husband contract says :

Hours of Work
Your hours of work will be those dictated by the needs of the business as a whole and the needs of your particular place of work. However, your basic hours of work will not be less than 37.5 per week, worked as a five day week, from Sunday through to the following Saturday. The Company reserves the right to vary your hours and/or days of work as and when required, according to the needs of the business.

Can this be categorised as non salaried income?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa - non salaried income

Post by Londoner007 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:07 am

It is salaried-income
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Wed May 16, 2018 5:55 pm

But sometimes he works 23 days or less amount as the days he works was decided by the company.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Job start date

Post by vchiu » Wed May 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi all,

If my husband is employed on 4th Mar 2018 and he is paid monthly (i.e. 01 - 31 Mar). I am wondering when I should start applying for spouse visa?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Job start date

Post by seagul » Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 pm

after completing and getting 6 months of payslips & bank statements. To calculate the 6 months use below website if cannot calculate yourself:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed May 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Forget hours simply check whether the gross income vary each month before undertaking any overtime. If so, then its non-salaried.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Wed May 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Thank you seagul,

I have just checked, up until 5 of September, it will be 6 months. Can I submit his contract and pay slip after 5 Sept as the following :

Mar (01-31)
April (01-30)
May (01-31)
June (01-30)
July (01-31)
Aug (01-31)

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 pm

vchiu wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:57 pm
Thank you seagul,

I have just checked, up until 5 of September, it will be 6 months. Can I submit his contract and pay slip after 5 Sept as the following :

Mar (01-31)
April (01-30)
May (01-31)
June (01-30)
July (01-31)
Aug (01-31)

Many thanks
Yes as long as the documents not get older than 28 days from the date of application submission. Although 6 months payslips are sufficient but still as a precaution its wise to attach slight longer payslips to avoid any chance of miscalculations by caseworke.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Wed May 16, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi Segal,

Thank you very for your help! U are a star

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Don't forget to include corresponding bank statements & employer letter too.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Wed May 16, 2018 10:09 pm

Thank you for your kind reminder :)

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 am

Hi Seagal,

his 1st payroll is £1550 as he started the job on the 4th May, 2nd payroll is £1400 as he took one week off for emergency of his relatives, this month will be different again.. as he works on shifts...

I am so confused, even though he is contracted for £21000 to work 37.5 hours a week.. but the pay is varied each month.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri May 18, 2018 3:49 am

vchiu wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 am
Hi Seagal,

his 1st payroll is £1550 as he started the job on the 4th May, 2nd payroll is £1400 as he took one week off for emergency of his relatives, this month will be different again.. as he works on shifts...

I am so confused, even though he is contracted for £21000 to work 37.5 hours a week.. but the pay is varied each month.
A lot of times the total gross wages vary each month due to undertaking overtime in addition of contracted work. In such case the contractual fixed wages should be counted under salaried person route while the overtime should be calculated by non-salaried person route.

vchiu
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by vchiu » Fri May 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Thank you Seagul! I have been thinking of that too. Can I still count it in this way even if the payslip showing all the hours he has done in a month in all lum sum?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri May 18, 2018 10:25 pm

vchiu wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:16 pm
Thank you Seagul! I have been thinking of that too. Can I still count it in this way even if the payslip showing all the hours he has done in a month in all lum sum?
I don't think there are two types of payslips are issued; one for contractual wages & other one for overtime. Only one payslip usually contain the whole monthly wages. Yes you should use the previously advised method of calculation but you yourself should do that calculation either in covering letter/additional info section instead let it on caseworker to do. Moreover, your employment letter must also state your contractual hours & wages along with the mentioning about your overtime.