ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application support

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marleyjgama
Newly Registered
United States of America

FLR(M) application support

Post by marleyjgama » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Hello,

This message board has been extremely helpful and I was hoping I could get some advise on my FLR(M) application as we are applying in person using the premium service.

Q1. First of all I want to make sure the it is okay for me to be using the application print out on the office .gov website. I ask this because the first few pages ask for payment method, but I have already paid in full when I had to make my in person appointment online.

Q2. Section 2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

I was here on a Tier 4 visa when I met my now husband. My tier 4 visa is about to expire. The closest option seems to be this one: You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/ remain as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave to humanitarian protection or a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanisation protection.

There is also an option for any other reason. Would it be more suitable to chose this option and explain that I was grated entry on a Tier 4 visa and now applying as a spouse?

Q3. Section 6.8. Add all address you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application. if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years.

I have lived at our current address for 2 years- however my husband only moved into this flat with me in April of 2018. Before this he lived with his parents- the house he has lived in his entire life. Do I include his previous address at his parents?

Q4. Section 6.23. What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?

We did not have a religious ceremony- just a standard registry office marriage ceremony. Is this just a civil marriage?

Q5. General Financial Requirement questions.

Q.5.1. Providing evidence of finances- my husband and my combined income meets the required 18,600- is it enough to provide just our 6 month wage slips? He also has a recent P60, however I do not have one.

Q.5.2 My husbands most recent wage slip should have had his updated address where we currently live now- however it still has his previous address. Is this a major problem? His boss says he wasn't able to update his details to his accountant before the most recent wage slip was made.

Q.5.3. My current position is that of a temporary part time intern. I have been in this position for 11 months while finishing my degree and being in line with my visa restrictions of 20 hours of work per week. Once I have graduated I will be able to move into the position of a full time assistant position. Will my temporary intern status have a negative effect on my visa application?

Sorry for so many questions! We went to a few solicitors but the prices they were quoting us were absolutely astounding! Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks!

CaptainJack
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) application support

Post by CaptainJack » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:27 pm

Solicitors are a no go for me too! Very expensive, I believe around £700 for document checking, or £1300 for full service, but I may be remembering wrong.

Due to the much research I have done, I may be able to help you on the Q5!!

Q.5.1. Providing evidence of finances- my husband and my combined income meets the required 18,600- is it enough to provide just our 6 month wage slips? He also has a recent P60, however I do not have one.
I believe this depends on the circumstances. If you were in the same job on the same pay for the past 6 months, then you only need to provide 6 months wage slips. If your pay differed or you changed employer, I know that the requirement is 12 months pay slips.

Additionally you need a letter from your employer confirming
1. The employment
2. The gross annual salary
3. How long the employment has been held
4. The period of time which you have been paid the level of salary stated in your application
5. The type of employment (e.g. Full time, part time....)

If you don't have a P60 then it's no problem, however if you have one it is good to supply it as additional proof.

Q.5.2 My husbands most recent wage slip should have had his updated address where we currently live now- however it still has his previous address. Is this a major problem? His boss says he wasn't able to update his details to his accountant before the most recent wage slip was made.

If you are using the wage slip for financial evidence, then this is fine, as it also matches the previous slips. You can mention it in the relevant cover letter.

Q.5.3. My current position is that of a temporary part time intern. I have been in this position for 11 months while finishing my degree and being in line with my visa restrictions of 20 hours of work per week. Once I have graduated I will be able to move into the position of a full time assistant position. Will my temporary intern status have a negative effect on my visa application?

No

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:14 am

marleyjgama wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:17 pm
Hello,

This message board has been extremely helpful and I was hoping I could get some advise on my FLR(M) application as we are applying in person using the premium service.

Q1. First of all I want to make sure the it is okay for me to be using the application print out on the office .gov website. I ask this because the first few pages ask for payment method, but I have already paid in full when I had to make my in person appointment online.

Q2. Section 2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

I was here on a Tier 4 visa when I met my now husband. My tier 4 visa is about to expire. The closest option seems to be this one: You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/ remain as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave to humanitarian protection or a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanisation protection.

There is also an option for any other reason. Would it be more suitable to chose this option and explain that I was grated entry on a Tier 4 visa and now applying as a spouse?

Q3. Section 6.8. Add all address you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application. if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years.

I have lived at our current address for 2 years- however my husband only moved into this flat with me in April of 2018. Before this he lived with his parents- the house he has lived in his entire life. Do I include his previous address at his parents?

Q4. Section 6.23. What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?

We did not have a religious ceremony- just a standard registry office marriage ceremony. Is this just a civil marriage?

Q5. General Financial Requirement questions.

Sorry for so many questions! We went to a few solicitors but the prices they were quoting us were absolutely astounding! Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks!
Anything relating to 2 years address requirement just ignore at this initial spouse visa stage which is only addressed to those who extends their spouse visas.
P60 is not required rather 6 months payslips and corresponding bank statement and employer need. Yes you both can combine your wages to meet the financial requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

marleyjgama
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by marleyjgama » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 am

Great thank you all!

Sorry one last one regarding a TB test. I had one prior to entering the UK in 2015 on my student visa. Do I need to provide evidence of this as I have been living in the UK full time since then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:07 am

marleyjgama wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 am
Great thank you all!

Sorry one last one regarding a TB test. I had one prior to entering the UK in 2015 on my student visa. Do I need to provide evidence of this as I have been living in the UK full time since then?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marleyjgama
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by marleyjgama » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Sorry just two more questions. In my husbands employment letter the business phone number listed is not one that is typically answered right away, and his boss did not include his mobile number. I am just a little concerned if they try and contact our employers, they may not be able to reach my husbands boss. Should we include this in our covering letter?

Also for questions that are not applicable, should I leave them blank or write in N/A?

Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:03 pm

marleyjgama wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:07 pm
Sorry just two more questions. In my husbands employment letter the business phone number listed is not one that is typically answered right away, and his boss did not include his mobile number. I am just a little concerned if they try and contact our employers, they may not be able to reach my husbands boss. Should we include this in our covering letter?

Also for questions that are not applicable, should I leave them blank or write in N/A?

Thanks!
I don't think any employer will give his personal mobile number on employment letter except his business phone number. If his phone number has been changed then you should notify to HO.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.