ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Application entry time

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_2017
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent Application entry time

Post by london_2017 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply visa for my wife but she will not be able to fly till December of this year.But in PBS Dependent guidance it says

"46. Depending on the country where you applied, successful applicants for entry clearance will not be
given a vignette in their passport, but rather you will be given a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). If
successful you will be given a 30 day visa to allow you to collect your BRP after you have arrived
in the UK. There will be a phased introduction of this and you will be advised when you receive
your visa whether this applies to you"

Does that mean if she granted visa in 1 month time she need to fly within 28 days???

@ZIMBA888 ,@marcnath please advice

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Application entry time

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:33 am

Yes. Also new rules of absence means that staying away from the UK for more than 6 months breaks your continuous stay and affects your ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Application entry time

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:13 am

london_2017 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:55 pm
Does that mean if she granted visa in 1 month time she need to fly within 28 days???
Her initial visa will only be VALID for 30 days from date of approval and she must travel WITHIN the 30 days. You can only apply for visa up to 3 months in advance of the intended date and UKVI often ignore the intended date and then you have to run around to correct a visa.

It is too early now to apply for traveling only in December.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.