ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Case Management ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashbcbg
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR after 6 years dlr

Post by ashbcbg » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Hello everybody i hope you can help me please.I was given 3yrs dlr in 2012 which i renewed in 2015 and im due to apply for Ilr next month.Im using form DL.The problem is on the form there's a section about dependents.Do i say i have dependants or not?I have a wife and 3 kids with ilr and one who is british.The other question is what should i write where they say why do i need to stay in UK then what evidence should i send to H.O with the application.Hope you can help.Thank you

krisbol17
Wales

Re: Applying for ILR after 6 years dlr

Post by krisbol17 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:29 pm

My understanding is you only put those who are applying with you, it looks like it will only be you on the form as for the others (Wife and Kids), you're not applying for them.

As far as reasons to give, it's really up to you what you feel will make your case stronger - family life? length of stay in the UK? Same reasons UKVI used to grant you your first two DLR?

I might be wrong, this is just my opinion.

ashbcbg
Newly Registered

Post by ashbcbg » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Thank you krisbol17 i appreciate your help.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:52 pm

In my opinion and understanding, your family has settled status (ILR & BC), they are NOT under immigration control and to the Best part of my knowledge are not your dependents, I. E such as sponsorship of a spouse or PBS dependant.

You would be the only main applicant, however do include your kids passports as well as a covering letter to demonstrate that the rest of your family is of settled status and that it is based on family life, this will greatly improve your chances of being granted ILR.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

ashbcbg
Newly Registered

Post by ashbcbg » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Thank you for your response.So where it says what category im applying under, the options are Human Rights (not family) or OTHER.Which one should i choose ?

ashbcbg
Newly Registered

Post by ashbcbg » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:05 pm

I could do with some help here please.If i enclose a cover letter explaining why im applying for settlement, do i have to leave blank the pages which say "is there any other info about your family that you wish to be considered" and "any other infor you think may be relevant to the consideration of the application".

Should i enclose information that i submitted before when i renewed my dlr or should i only send "new infor".

Many thanks

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:46 am

In a meeting at work but I'll write more a bit later. The idea is if the info you had supplied got you DLR, then the same should be considered for ILR. In my opinion you include the same info and new info you think will help your case.

To be honest my impression on this forum is people are more responsive to Tier visas/tax amendments based ILR applications compared to us with ILR application based on 2X 3 years DLR.

I wish there was more contribution other than one line responses for DLR cases.

ashbcbg
Newly Registered

Post by ashbcbg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Thank you for your response krisbol17

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:41 pm

krisbol17 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:46 am
In a meeting at work but I'll write more a bit later. The idea is if the info you had supplied got you DLR, then the same should be considered for ILR. In my opinion you include the same info and new info you think will help your case.

To be honest my impression on this forum is people are more responsive to Tier visas/tax amendments based ILR applications compared to us with ILR application based on 2X 3 years DLR.

I wish there was more contribution other than one line responses for DLR cases.
Again if you where to do a search there is information available for people that where on this route, a lot of my posts have been
Mostly related to answering the best I can for those on this route.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

ashbcbg
Newly Registered

Post by ashbcbg » Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 pm

Hi everyone.Is it necessary to post the biometrics cards of my kids when they are on the same home office reference number as me.This means when they open my file they see my family's information on it.Thanks in advance

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Wed May 02, 2018 5:40 am

ashbcbg wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 pm
Hi everyone.Is it necessary to post the biometrics cards of my kids when they are on the same home office reference number as me.This means when they open my file they see my family's information on it.Thanks in advance
I don't think you need to post them, you should mention it in a covering letter exactly that your kids and you have the same reference number and from there they may be able to see that.

If you feel hesitant to post the actual BRP cards of your kids, you can always make photocopies and post that I suppose, maybe also get them certified from the post office, if they do, do a BRP as part of their service.

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:59 am

I agree with @CMOSUK. This is where covering letters are useful as you are able to explain exactly your own particular situation as there is no standard cover letters. You can explain about your kids' BRP on it or else post them as suggested by CMOSUK, make sure copies of important documents such as passports, BRPs etc are certified.

ashbcbg
Newly Registered

Post by ashbcbg » Thu May 03, 2018 9:39 am

Thank you guys.I think everything is clear now.I appreciate your input.

The last thing is about submission timeframe.Is the application to be submitted "WITHIN" 28 days ? Meaning as long as its within those days and not expired.?eg if expiry is 30 June then it can be submitted 4weeks from then or 3weeks or 2weeks or 1week as long as its not expired?Thank you

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:01 am

Yeah, I have just counted on my pc calendar :-), might be wrong but you should be able to apply from 3rd May (if expiry is 30 June). 30 June (date of expiry) is inclusive, so just count backward.

ashbcbg
Newly Registered

Post by ashbcbg » Thu May 03, 2018 3:15 pm

So would it still be ok to send about 2 weeks before expiry whilst i sort out funds?AM I CORRECT TO SAY AS LONG AS I SEND IT BEFORE ITS EXPIRED?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu May 03, 2018 3:43 pm

ashbcbg wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:15 pm
So would it still be ok to send about 2 weeks before expiry whilst i sort out funds?AM I CORRECT TO SAY AS LONG AS I SEND IT BEFORE ITS EXPIRED?
As long as you send it 28 days before or within 28 days of you reaching your 6 years DLR.

So yes you may send it 2 weeks of you reaching your qualifying period or 2 weeks before expiry.

For example: my wife's case:

Her period of 6 years DLR would be 22 June 2018 as her initial grant of DLR was 22 June 2012, her qualifying period would 25th May 2018 onwards if we go by 28 days before, we have applied for an application of ILR by booking on the 1st June 2018, so roughly 3 weeks before she reaches 6 years DLR.

Even though her DLR expiry is 24 July 2018. I hope this helps.

ashbcbg
Newly Registered

Post by ashbcbg » Thu May 03, 2018 3:47 pm

Very clear information there.thank you

ashbcbg
Newly Registered

Refused Case Management ILR

Post by ashbcbg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi all

I applied for ilr on the 4th of May having completed 2 x 3yrs Dlr.Today i received a letter from Refused Case Management on Liverpool .They sent an aknowledgement letter together saying i can continue to work as well as a Biometric enrolment letter.They also returned BRps for my children (they are om ilr through their mum) and a British passport for one of my kids and her birth certificate as well.
Im confused as to why "refusal case management".Has anyone experienced this and do they normally return originals before a decision is made?

Hope you can help.Thank you

baker
Newly Registered

Re: Refused Case Management ILR

Post by baker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:05 am

Me too got the same response from that team did you get your indefinate.