ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from fiance visa to spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Changing from fiance visa to spouse visa

Post by lesleym » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi, apologies if this has been asked already but I couldn't find the information I was looking for.

My partner was granted a fiance visa in January 2018, which expires on 19 July 2018. We are getting married on the 16th of June. We wanted to apply for a same day appointment, can we book this now, for week commencing 25th June? (assuming an appointment was available)

I was also wondering about the evidence we need to provide. We will have our marriage certificate and wedding photos and I will have my 6 months payslips and bank statements proving I meet the minimum income requirement and a letter from my employer.

We are living with my parents at the moment so I will also include a letter from them confirming that they are happy for us to live there and their latest council tax bill. I had a home report carried out for the finace visa application but this was dated October 2017 so I think I need to get a new one done, is that correct?

Do we need to include his english language certificate which was submitted with his finace visa application?

We will also take my original passport and our son's original passport and birth certificate.

Is there any other evidence we need to provide? We would be grateful for any help with this!

Thanks for reading, Lesley

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing from fiance visa to spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:42 am

My partner was granted a fiance visa in January 2018, which expires on 19 July 2018. We are getting married on the 16th of June. We wanted to apply for a same day appointment, can we book this now, for week commencing 25th June? (assuming an appointment was available)
Yes, if you are only booking the appointment and not using the online application form.
I was also wondering about the evidence we need to provide. We will have our marriage certificate and wedding photos and I will have my 6 months payslips and bank statements proving I meet the minimum income requirement and a letter from my employer.

Wedding photos not required. Read the form, it tells you what you need. Much of the same as you needed for the fiance visa. You do not need 2 years cohabitation evidence though. You also have to pay the £500 Immigration Health Surcharge.
We are living with my parents at the moment so I will also include a letter from them confirming that they are happy for us to live there and their latest council tax bill. I had a home report carried out for the finace visa application but this was dated October 2017 so I think I need to get a new one done, is that correct?

Report you have should be ok.
Do we need to include his english language certificate which was submitted with his finace visa application?

Yes but not sure if you need A2 test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Changing from fiance visa to spouse visa

Post by lesleym » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Thanks for your help