ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing information on COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ivymatibhini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Changing information on COS

Post by ivymatibhini » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:50 am

Hie

Submitted my COS information with my old maiden name but later on my employer asked me to change my passport to my married name which i did, however the COS has been granted with my old passport details. can this be rectified, can they add my passport information on the already granted COS if so how.

thank you

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Changing information on COS

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:18 am

Even if you continue with maiden name (old name) on CoS and married name (new name) on passport there are no issues.

When it comes to next application whether you can show you changed name after being granted previous visa.

My wife's case was similar, right after arriving to UK with old name on Cos and visa she changed her name on passport and the next Cos for extension was issued on her new name (married name).

We even travelled around the world without any issues.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI