ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport of Refugee and own country passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

British passport of Refugee and own country passport

Post by mhsadique » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:56 am

Hi

Couple of Question about Ex Refugee:

When you receive your British Passport, is there any restriction to visit your country? For how long?

Can you make your own country passport? If yes, can you show in entry clearance officer?
By the way there is no issue to keep dual nationality.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British passport of Refugee and own country passport

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:57 am

You can visit any country you wish at any time, no time restrictions. UK allows dual nationality.
As I understand it as a dual national you are not entitled to British consular support in the country of your other nationality.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Thanks a lot. :D
alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:57 am
You can visit any country you wish at any time, no time restrictions. UK allows dual nationality.
As I understand it as a dual national you are not entitled to British consular support in the country of your other nationality.

hinano
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by hinano » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:23 am

mhsadique wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:56 am
Hi

Couple of Question about Ex Refugee:

When you receive your British Passport, is there any restriction to visit your country? For how long?

Can you make your own country passport? If yes, can you show in entry clearance officer?
By the way there is no issue to keep dual nationality.

Thanks
While the UK allows you to travel to any county on a British passport, you need to consider the laws of the country where you hold your other nationality. For example, the United States requires all US citizens to arrive and depart from the USA on their US passport. However, not all countries require this so you may be able to visit the country of your other nationality with just your British passport.