ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of absences from the UK- Passport data and SAR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sm12
Diamond Member

Evidence of absences from the UK- Passport data and SAR?

Post by sm12 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:07 pm

How does HO calculate absences from the UK?

Is just the passport enough in terms of the dates, with the entry dates in other countries used to approximate exit dates from the UK?

Just wondering because in my SAR (and seemingly others on here), there isn't any data other than that about entry clearance. I thought that the Advance Passenger Information that airlines collect before flights would be on the SAR, but it seems like this is not the case.

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: Evidence of absences from the UK- Passport data and SAR?

Post by sm12 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:59 pm

I just read the guidance on the calculation again, but it does not indicate exactly what record is used for verification.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:00 pm

sm12 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:59 pm
I just read the guidance on the calculation again, but it does not indicate exactly what record is used for verification.
All you need is the letter of absence from your employer confirming all your absences if you are on Tier 2. You can also add a cover letter for personal explanation in some instances (if required). Since you will be submitting your original passport, the caseworker could check your passport to see when you were stamped in and out of the UK.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:00 pm
sm12 wrote:
All you need is the letter of absence from your employer confirming all your absences if you are on Tier 2. You can also add a cover letter for personal explanation in some instances (if required). Since you will be submitting your original passport, the caseworker could check your passport to see when you were stamped in and out of the UK.
Thank you for your reply.
Actually, I've applied on the basis of tier 1 entrepreneur, so no employer's letter required. However, there are no exit stamps here and my SAR has no information on it, so just wondering how HO confirms your actual number of days out of the country and why API is not on SAR. That would actually clearly show that applicants meet the requirement.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:56 am

sm12 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:11 pm
Djsuccess wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:00 pm
sm12 wrote:
Actually, I've applied on the basis of tier 1 entrepreneur, so no employer's letter required. However, there are no exit stamps here and my SAR has no information on it, so just wondering how HO confirms your actual number of days out of the country and why API is not on SAR. That would actually clearly show that applicants meet the requirement.
The immigration officer in the countries you have visited should stamp you in just as a border agent should stamp your passport whenever you enter UK. This could be used to determine the number of days you were out of the country. You also complete a landing card every time you enter the country. It is also possible that UKVI has access to some other database that they use to track entry and exit. If you know the number of days you were out for, just put them a tabulated format showing dates and purpose. UKVI will do their job in assessing it. I don't think you should worry so much about how UKVI does the job, yours is to provide the information they require.
All the best
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 am

as stated here, https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

for Basic SAR

"You will receive a response within 20 days of your identity being verified by the Home Office.

You can request a copy of:

an electronic summary of your immigration history
landing cards we hold electronically
an electronic summary of entry clearance records
Workers Registration Scheme (WRS) information
entry and exit records for the past 5 years
Most people find that this option gives them all the information they need."

Maybe you should have specifically requested entry and exit records if that's what you wanted. But I thought that a basic SAR should include that.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:42 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 am
as stated here, https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

for Basic SAR

"You will receive a response within 20 days of your identity being verified by the Home Office.

You can request a copy of:

an electronic summary of your immigration history
landing cards we hold electronically
an electronic summary of entry clearance records
Workers Registration Scheme (WRS) information
entry and exit records for the past 5 years
Most people find that this option gives them all the information they need."

Maybe you should have specifically requested entry and exit records if that's what you wanted. But I thought that a basic SAR should include that.
Hi

Thank you again for your reply.
I used my tickets to enter the data as my home country is 12 hours away, so the stamp would often not be on the day of exiting the UK but the next day, unlike my trips to Europe. So I didn't have any problems in adding the details as I still have all tickets but just wondering how HO will verify that I gave the complete list (I know I have the accurate dates as I maintained records but not sure how they will verify).
And yeah, for SAR, I requested all details but they only sent it with entry clearance data and no other entry/exit information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:23 pm

You do NOT need to send evidence of your entry/exits. Let HO to figure them out
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:36 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:23 pm
You do NOT need to send evidence of your entry/exits. Let HO to figure them out
Hi Zimba

I didn't provide evidence with my application.
Just that in the meantime my SAR has arrived with no information on it, so I'm confused as to how they'll confirm the dates.
I had about 35 absences mostly of 2/3 days each for my business, so well within the limit, but it was a long list and had to continue on a blank page to add more dates and trips, so just wondering how they'll verify such a large number of dates (unless they rely purely on passport stamps).

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:40 pm

You need to declare them on the form that is all. They must have access to flight information and can check the entry/exit if required.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice