ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgment letter for online application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Canopus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Acknowledgment letter for online application

Post by Canopus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi all. My wife and I applied for a Tier 2 Extension and a PBS Dependent extension online via Standard route on 26th May 2018. We posted the documents required in the checklist produced online via next day delivery a couple days later (both passports, photos for both, previous BRPs for both, and a print out of the checklist with application and payment details). The tracking info says these were delivered to the PO Box given in the checklist. We did our Biometric enrollments within a week of the online application. Application fees and IHS paid at time of online application via credit card. Our current leave ends mid July.

It has been two weeks since we submitted the application and we haven't received any acknowledgement letter yet. Should we be expecting this? We need to show our employers proof that we have applied for extension.

Did we need to send a printed copy of the application as well? It wasn't part of the documents listed in the checklist so we didn't think of sending it at the time.

Thanks very much for any guidance you might provide!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Acknowledgment letter for online application

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:12 pm

Canopus wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:39 pm
Hi all. My wife and I applied for a Tier 2 Extension and a PBS Dependent extension online via Standard route on 26th May 2018. We posted the documents required in the checklist produced online via next day delivery a couple days later (both passports, photos for both, previous BRPs for both, and a print out of the checklist with application and payment details). The tracking info says these were delivered to the PO Box given in the checklist. We did our Biometric enrollments within a week of the online application. Application fees and IHS paid at time of online application via credit card. Our current leave ends mid July.

It has been two weeks since we submitted the application and we haven't received any acknowledgement letter yet. Should we be expecting this? We need to show our employers proof that we have applied for extension.

Did we need to send a printed copy of the application as well? It wasn't part of the documents listed in the checklist so we didn't think of sending it at the time.

Thanks very much for any guidance you might provide!
I am not sure if the system has changed, but what I know was that you will receive a letter asking you to go for biometrics after you have submitted your application. This letter is a proof that you have submitted a valid application and will be processed. You don't get any other acknowledgement letter after biometric. You will only get a decision letter.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Canopus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Canopus » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:40 am

Thanks for your reply dj.

The letters for the biometric were generated automatically at the time submission of the online application. Hence, we were able to go for it after printing these out.

Does this mean that we won't be receiving an acknowledgment letter now? How would we give our employers proof that we've applied?

Thanks in advance!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:59 am

Canopus wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:40 am
Thanks for your reply dj.

The letters for the biometric were generated automatically at the time submission of the online application. Hence, we were able to go for it after printing these out.

Does this mean that we won't be receiving an acknowledgment letter now? How would we give our employers proof that we've applied?

Thanks in advance!
Did you print the letter of biometrics that was generated after your submission? That should suffice and you can also print your bank statement showing your account was debited for the application fee.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:12 pm

I sent off my application over a month ago and I have not received anything

Canopus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Canopus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks all for your helpful replies. I'm updating this as it might be helpful to others. It seems they don't send out acknowledgement letters for online applications. I emailed the HR the Unique ID Number on the Biometric Enrollment Form, which was automatically generated when we submitted the online application, and they were able to check my immigration status online in the. UKVI's Electronic Checking Service. My HR said it was valid for 6 months from the date it was issued, and asked me to update them when I got a result.

We received our BRPs yesterday :)

Canopus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Canopus » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Canopus wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:10 pm
Just wanted to add that the BRPs were sent by DX and documents by UPS courier services. Cheers

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Canopus wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:10 pm
Thanks all for your helpful replies. I'm updating this as it might be helpful to others. It seems they don't send out acknowledgement letters for online applications. I emailed the HR the Unique ID Number on the Biometric Enrollment Form, which was automatically generated when we submitted the online application, and they were able to check my immigration status online in the. UKVI's Electronic Checking Service. My HR said it was valid for 6 months from the date it was issued, and asked me to update them when I got a result.

congratulations