ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(O) or Set(M) for Tier 2 dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

onlyfarhan
Newly Registered

Set(O) or Set(M) for Tier 2 dependent

Post by onlyfarhan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:57 am

Hi,

My wife is on tier 2 dependent visa and I have now gotten my ILR. She has now qualified for ILR as well. The confusion is which form do we use for her application, Set(O) or Set(M)?

Since I have already settled does it mean we have to use Set(M) for her or she will still have to go through Set(0) as that was the original route of settlement for us?

Appreciate some guidance here.

Thank you.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Set(O) or Set(M) for Tier 2 dependent

Post by tier21419 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:11 am

You willl have to use Set (O). Set(M) is for;
  • Family life as a partner (2 year route - you were last granted limited leave of 27 or
    24 months under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules and have completed at least 24
    months with such leave)
  • Family life as a partner (5 year route - you were last granted 30 months limited
    leave as a partner under Appendix FM and have completed at least 60 months
    with such leave)
  • Family life as a parent (5 year route - you were last granted 30 months limited
    leave as a parent under Appendix FM and have completed at least 60 months
    with such leave)
None of these apply to your wife's case as she was Tier 2 dependent.

onlyfarhan
Newly Registered

Post by onlyfarhan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:17 am

Thanks Waseem. Appreciate the reply and clarity.

It's the statement "If you got your current visa as your partner’s dependant after they settled in the UK, you must apply as the partner of a settled person instead." threw me off.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:34 am

onlyfarhan wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:17 am
Thanks Waseem. Appreciate the reply and clarity.

It's the statement "If you got your current visa as your partner’s dependant after they settled in the UK, you must apply as the partner of a settled person instead." threw me off.
If she got the first visa after you got ILR as spouse settlement visa only then is Set(M) applicable. This is not relevant to your circumstances as she holds a PBS Dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.