ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT RELATED

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

septimus
Newly Registered
Australia

RLMT RELATED

Post by septimus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:16 am

Hello every one, I am an Australian citizen living and working in UK under Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa which will run out later in November 2018, I have UK equivalent certified engineering degrees in masters and bachelors from Australia and Pakistan. Related to tier 2 visa general; My current employer is not sponsored employer to home office. My question is if Home office wants my employer to do RLMT test before they offer me job further, should my company get sponsorship first in order to carry RLMT test? I m bit confused about Home office rules over tier 2 visa. I have less then 5 months left. Any body who has just recently gotten their Tier 2 visa sorted; please share some experience? I will appreciate any replies . thank you

silverocks
Bangladesh

Re: RLMT RELATED

Post by silverocks » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:41 am

Your current company has Tier 5 sponsorship but not tier 2?
Any company who don't have a Tier 2 license has to apply for the license and also if they want they can start the RLMT process before getting the licence at the same time. RLMT process is valid for six months.
If anything needs to be added experts can tell you that.

septimus
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by septimus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:47 am

thank you Silverocks for your response.
for Tier 5 (YMV) visa you don't need any sponsorship to work. you can refer to following link

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility

silverocks
Bangladesh

Post by silverocks » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:57 am

Yes, you might not need one because of your nationality but others need the COS to apply. So There are companies who has tier2 & tier 5 both licenses.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:04 pm

Your challenge will be to convince the Case Worker that you haven't been pre-selected for the position if you have been employed by the company during your Tier 5 visa. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

silverocks
Bangladesh

Post by silverocks » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:08 pm

I am 100% agreeing with CASA on this issue.

septimus
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by septimus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:13 pm

thank you Casa,

Bugger!!

but how can I make sure it won't happen? although my company will conduct RLMT genuinely and won't give me any favor if suitable settled worker comes along and they might go with that person.

i will appreciate if you can give little information.

thanks.

Arpcw
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by Arpcw » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:22 pm

I think it might be better for you to find a different job with an employer that is already a Tier 2 sponsor and have them conduct the RLMT. This is for two reasons: one, if your employer isn't currently a Tier 2 sponsor, they'll have to apply for a license to be one, which could take some months to actually get approved. The whole process would take even longer, because they would still have to conduct RLMT (another month) after they get their sponsorship license approved. It looks like you still have some time left on your Tier 5, but it's better not to chance it so close to the deadline. Secondly, if you find a different employer, you won't have the pre-selection problem and it will be much easier for the new employer to prove that the RLMT conducted was genuine.

septimus
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by septimus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:33 pm

thank you ARPCW, but the job i am doing at the moment which i quite liking it and more importantly companies these days in UK avoiding anyone who requires sponsorship visa etc unless your profession is shortage list so for me finding a new job with registered employer will be difficult.

Please can you confirm, if my company has to register with HO for to do RMLT ? although one member here suggested it should not be problem ?

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:35 pm

This is quite fear-mongery. I know plenty of people that have moved from Tier 5 to Tier 2 with their company of work. You will have to make sure to document your RLMT very well and show that there are no other qualified candidates. My suggestion to you is read the guidance backwards and forwards and find someone IRL that has applied before, it's going to be your life saviour.

You have the get the license first. Crack on and good luck.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:39 pm

thisB wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:35 pm
This is quite fear-mongery. I know plenty of people that have moved from Tier 5 to Tier 2 with their company of work. You will have to make sure to document your RLMT very well and show that there are no other qualified candidates. My suggestion to you is read the guidance backwards and forwards and find someone IRL that has applied before, it's going to be your life saviour.

You have the get the license first. Crack on and good luck.
Note that I haven't suggested that the application will be refused. Simply that it will be challenging. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

septimus
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by septimus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:58 pm

thank you Casa and thisB for your input, i was just hoping to find anyone who had the same hindrances and those can share their experiences.

Referring to Appendix J, Table 2 in SOC 1121 Production managers and directors in manufacturing. my question is let say if I am a production Manager does that mean i will be managing at least 3 to 4 people also? of course i work with technicians and engineers but they don't necessarily report to me.