ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual Citizenship - do I need to include exception form?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gmccarthy
South Africa

Dual Citizenship - do I need to include exception form?

Post by gmccarthy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:35 am

I'm a South African in the UK and about to apply for Naturalization. I've submitted the forms to the SA high commission for dual citizenship and received a certificate of exception.

Do I need to include this certificate when I apply for citizenship at the HO? Or is the certificate only of interest to the SA govt?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dual Citizenship - do I need to include exception form?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:47 am

gmccarthy wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:35 am
Do I need to include this certificate when I apply for citizenship at the HO? Or is the certificate only of interest to the SA govt?
No, it is irrelevant to British Citizenship or HO. It is only relevant to retaining your SA citizenship and the SA authorities.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gmccarthy
South Africa

Re: Dual Citizenship - do I need to include exception form?

Post by gmccarthy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Many thanks.