ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA PR post rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Durham
Newly Registered
Australia

Non EEA PR post rights

Post by Durham » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi Obie and other members of forum ,
I would really appreciate your help and advice .

Until today I was silent reader or this forum and it has been a great help through this forum .

Can you please help me this time as I couldn’t find thread which I needed answer of .
My question is “ If a non EEA has got EEA PR on the basis of ROR , can that person get married to any other non EEA person and sponsor them to come here ?

Please help me .

It would be really great if you can post your experience and thoughts on it .

Many thanks in advance.

Adikayani

Re: Non EEA PR post rights

Post by Adikayani » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 am

Hey my friend can u plz tell me after ROR u apply for PR what ex documents u send for PR ? Plz help me about this thx u

Durham
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Durham » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:48 am

Adikayani wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 am
Hey my friend can u plz tell me after ROR u apply for PR what ex documents u send for PR ? Plz help me about this thx u
all the documents which I sent at the time of ROR application including Ex valid ID.

Durham
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Durham » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:50 am

Durham wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 pm
Hi Obie and other members of forum ,
I would really appreciate your help and advice .

Until today I was silent reader or this forum and it has been a great help through this forum .

Can you please help me this time as I couldn’t find thread which I needed answer of .
My question is “ If a non EEA has got EEA PR on the basis of ROR , can that person get married to any other non EEA person and sponsor them to come here ?

Please help me .

It would be really great if you can post your experience and thoughts on it .

Many thanks in advance.
Can someone help me on this please

pola 23
Poland

Post by pola 23 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:27 am

Yes if you have PR then you can sponsor your spouse and when did you apply for PR after getting ROR?did they invite you for any interview ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am

You cannot sponsor a new non EU spouse under the EU rules. You only have the option of a spouse settlement visa under the UK immigration rules and you must meet the financial requirements and your spouse must meet the English requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Durham
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Durham » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am
You cannot sponsor a new non EU spouse under the EU rules. You only have the option of a spouse settlement visa under the UK immigration rules and you must meet the financial requirements and your spouse must meet the English requirements.
Can you please elaborate and guide me for what financial requirements do I need to meet and how can I apply ?

Would really appreciate your response

Durham
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Durham » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:57 pm

pola 23 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:27 am
Yes if you have PR then you can sponsor your spouse and when did you apply for PR after getting ROR?did they invite you for any interview ?
No they didn’t invite me for any interview

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 am

Durham wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:56 pm
CR001 wrote:
Can you please elaborate and guide me for what financial requirements do I need to meet and how can I apply ?

You need to prove that you earn a minimum of £18,600pa with at least 6 months evidence. Your new spouse will need to meet the English requirement. You will also need to show that you can adequately accommodate your spouse.

Visa costs £1,523 PLUS £600 Immigration Health Surcharge.

Your spouse needs to complete forms VAF4A and Appendix 2.

It will be a 2.5 year visa which get renewed before expiry for another 2.5 years. ILR can be applied for after 5 years if the requirements are met.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Durham
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Durham » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 am
Durham wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:56 pm
CR001 wrote:

You need to prove that you earn a minimum of £18,600pa with at least 6 months evidence. Your new spouse will need to meet the English requirement. You will also need to show that you can adequately accommodate your spouse.

Visa costs £1,523 PLUS £600 Immigration Health Surcharge.

Your spouse needs to complete forms VAF4A and Appendix 2.

It will be a 2.5 year visa which get renewed before expiry for another 2.5 years. ILR can be applied for after 5 years if the requirements are met.
Thank you for help .

Can you please tell me that do I need to get married to do this application or I can do it on civil partnership basis

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:27 pm

What do you mean by 'civil partnership'???
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Durham
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Durham » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:27 pm
What do you mean by 'civil partnership'???
If we have lived together for while and planning to live forever .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:56 pm

For an unmarried partner visa you need to have lived together for a minimum of 2 years and have rock solid evidence of it.

This 2 year living together in a relationship akin to marriage is mandatory and there is no discretion on this for unmarried partner visa under the UK immigration rules

The same financial, English and accommodation requirements apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Durham
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Durham » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:56 pm
For an unmarried partner visa you need to have lived together for a minimum of 2 years and have rock solid evidence of it.

This 2 year living together in a relationship akin to marriage is mandatory and there is no discretion on this for unmarried partner visa under the UK immigration rules

The same financial, English and accommodation requirements apply.

Thanks a lot for your help and advice .

Is there any restriction on marriage for non EEA who has got PR on the basis of ROR ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:23 pm

Durham wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:08 pm
Is there any restriction on marriage for non EEA who has got PR on the basis of ROR ?
No there is not but you must obviously only marry after you are divorced.
Char (CR001 not Casa)