ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving dependency for Parents under EEA route OR British

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nachfee
United Kingdom

Proving dependency for Parents under EEA route OR British

Post by nachfee » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:35 am

Dear forum,

I hope you can shed some light on my situation here. After news yesterday, it seems we are heading to quite The Brexit, I want to ease my mind about my parents situation here.

My parents came to England in 2014 under EEA rules with my husband (Irish) as the sponsor. They got their EEA-5year residency and it’s due to expire in 2019. With the idea later on, to apply for PR.

I have three problems:
- Are we even going to able to apply under EEA rule as we are leaving the EEA in 29/03/19? I believe there is a transition period until 2020 but does this include immigration? Is this even something we can rely upon?

- My parents have been living with me for all this time. We did give money for a while (specially for the first visa) but we stopped that because money was not being spent wisely. So we decided to take more control of money and buy everything ourselves for the family (food, bills, etc). I realised that was probably a mistake, as that was the way (only?) of proving dependency. They are in my water bill and they have received countless NHS letters.
I don’t understand, if they are living with me, why they need to receive money in their account?

- my mum works 20 hrs a week purely because she is VERY bored and wants something for herself and even after I explained this would probably be a bad idea though she feels good about it. My dad doesn’t work. Is this going to be a problem? She doesn’t even earn enough to pay taxes so, it would be impossible for her (them) to rely on that money to be independent.

I am really concern about this because obviously we made a mistake to not have proofs like that... would it be then a good idea to just request a second EEA PM? But then PR would definitely be difficult after 2020. Are there any other ways to proof dependency?

I just want to know if it is possible for me to proof their dependency on me? We come from Venezuela that has incredible high inflation and it would be impossible for them to live there as the country has none of the medicines my dad would need to survive. They are also very expensive (if found in black market) and it would be very difficult for me to send money as there is a ban on currency exchange. There is also shortages of food and incredibly high crime.
Is this a way to proof they require to stay here?
Is asylum even a possibility?

I am a British citizen now but I understand ILR is even more difficult.

We are considering sending them to Portugal after my sister (who lives there and has EEA permanent residence as a British citizen) gets Portuguese passport and can claim them.

We are three children who are all British, two living here and another one in Portugal. The most logical thing would be to have our parents closeby.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance