ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa application form not taken by VFS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

choice2207
Newly Registered
Philippines

Tier 2 visa application form not taken by VFS

Post by choice2207 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi.

My partner had her appointment earlier at VFS application centre in the Philippines. She applied for a Tier 2 dependant visa. Oddly VFS only took her passport and scanned the supporting documents with barcode separators and she was advised that the printed application form that she signed is not required.

Is it correct for them not to take the printed and signed application form? Any similar experience with VFS in the Philippines?

Appreciate your thoughts.

prax123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 visa application form not taken by VFS

Post by prax123 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:44 am

It was the same for me in Bangalore, India. They didnt take the application form. Checklist along with other documents were scanned with the barcode separators. I checked with my consultant, he told it is ok, as the ECO can access the application easily. Further sign was only needed on checklist, not on the application copy.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:50 am

prax123 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:44 am
It was the same for me in Bangalore, India. They didnt take the application form. Checklist along with other documents were scanned with the barcode separators. I checked with my consultant, he told it is ok, as the ECO can access the application easily. Further sign was only needed on checklist, not on the application copy.
Yes this was true for me too. Nowadays they encourage to take this scan service with additional cost of 250 rs, which makes sense as you can take back ur docs and VFS have less hassle to handle them.

mm123
India

Post by mm123 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Hello.
My appointment is scheduled for monday. Was just wondering do we need to download barcode separator and document checklist. Or that would be provided by vfs.

prax123
Newly Registered
India

Post by prax123 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:01 pm

You can download it if you want. However, VFS takes care of that. They charge INR 250 for document scanning assistance, and this service is included in that.

LABEJGSLP
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by LABEJGSLP » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:56 am

Hi! Good day, from the Philippines. I read your post last june 2018 regarding about tier 2 dependant visa. We are same sex couple and just get married last july 2018 in New zealand. We are preparing our application for tier 2 dependant visa this coming october 2018. I would like to know how was your application and if you don't mind i would like to ask what are the other supporting documents you provide aside from pbs requirements. Thank you. 😊

amit2453
Mood:
India

Post by amit2453 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:24 am

In case if you have some correction in the application form, still they won't take?

VCSTER
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by VCSTER » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi - same for me.

Went to my appointment on Monday and they only took a few documents out of the list my HR provided me:

1. First page of application - original
2. Current Passport - original passport taken
2a. Expired passport - scanned copy of bio data
3. TB Test - scanned copy
4. CoS from employer - scanned copy
5. UK NARIC English assessment + university certificates. - scanned copy
6. Priority service payment confirmation

The following items they did not collect:

1. Passport photo
2. VISA application payment confirmation - they said these are completed as part of online application and they don't need it.
3. IHS payment - same as above

KD_25
Newly Registered
India

Post by KD_25 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:49 am

prax123 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:01 pm
You can download it if you want. However, VFS takes care of that. They charge INR 250 for document scanning assistance, and this service is included in that.
Hi, I forgot to print my document checklist and at vfs, i asked them to take a print of the same but they provided me their tier 2 document checklist but that was different from the one i was supposed to download and sign. is there a need to worry? Also, i uploaded below documents on vfs website and not provided anything at desk.
- COS, NARIC reports, College transcripts&degree, TB report & bankstatement

Please help.