ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 visa switch to EU Res Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sakiru01
Newly Registered
Canada

T2 visa switch to EU Res Card

Post by Sakiru01 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi All!

Recently got EU residence card through EEA EFM. (Danish EU/ Canadian T2 NON EU)
Only encountered issue would be the address change during the progress.

There’s something I am unsure of regarding Tier 2 BRP switch.

Documents returned for my EU application, but my T2 BRP did not return.
Am I to assume the EU RC has taken over T2 BRP, which is why I wont get it back?

Should I inform my current workplace about this change?
Does my workplace need to update my T2 COA in HMRC SMS?

At the moment, I am a registered traveller with my passport. Which I can use the EU part of it.
With this new RC, can I use the EU side when registered traveller has expired on my passport?

Thanks for reading!!

secret.simon

Re: T2 visa switch to EU Res Card

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Sakiru01 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:14 pm
Documents returned for my EU application, but my T2 BRP did not return.
Am I to assume the EU RC has taken over T2 BRP, which is why I wont get it back?
Your BRP and Tier 2 visa are now invalidated as the UK Immigration Rules cannot apply to the family members of EEA citizens who either exercise treaty rights or are permanently resident in the UK.
Sakiru01 wrote:
Should I inform my current workplace about this change?
Yes. They will likely also need a copy of your Residence Card, once issued.
Sakiru01 wrote:
At the moment, I am a registered traveller with my passport. Which I can use the EU part of it. With this new RC, can I use the EU side when registered traveller has expired on my passport?
You can go through the EEA queue when entering the UK, but I do not think you will be able to use the ePassport Gates.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.