ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing employer under tier 2 visa.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Changing employer under tier 2 visa.

Post by Amala » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi,

I am working under tier 2 visa now and I have accepted a new job offer as a nurse in a NHS hospital. My current visa expires in August 2019. I am changing jobs now to change my job code from theatre practitioner to staff nurse so that I will be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain. I got the new CoS from my new employer. When I make a fresh application should my dependent also make a new application since he too has visa till August 2019. If its not necessary that he should also make a new application we can save that money. Anyway we will be eligible to apply for ilr this December so we need not worry that my dependent's visa will expire.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing employer under tier 2 visa.

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:43 pm

No your dependent does not have to apply with you. They can wait till closer to their visa expiry to extend.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Amala » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:49 am

How is that possible. When I get a new visa my old visa will not be valid. My new biometric card will have the new CoS number mentioned in it but if my dependent is not renewing the visa he will have the old CoS number in his biometric card which is no longer valid.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:00 am

Your dependents are dependent on YOU and not your sponsor.

The rules allow them to NOT change with you and apply for an extension near the end of their current visa.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/when ... 98586.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.