ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa matters

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brandonsnell
Newly Registered

Visa matters

Post by brandonsnell » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi can anyone help me please. I have been try to find all the info I need but getting no where, My problem is I want to bring my wife to the uk. I am a uk cittizen and my wife is from ukraine. She is pregnent and will give birth next month. What will be the best way to bring them other and will my baby need a visa or can we get it a brittish passport. and if not will I need to pay extra for the baby visa. I am currently working but living with my mum in a 3 bed room house will that be a problem their is enough room for me and wife and a spare room for the babe. I have seen alot of sites saying they will do most of the work for getting a visa but will charge around 700 2 800 will I have the same chance if we do it ourselfs. Thanks for taking the time to read this and any help will be so much wellcome. Thanks all

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 pm

See also Husbands, wives and partners (INF 4) and 13.5 - Spouses/civil partners and how they qualify.

Living with parents is acceptable, if you and your partner exclusively occupy at least one bedroom and there is no overcrowding. However, keep in mind that you will also need to collect at least 20 documents over the next two year period, as suggested on the form SET(M).

See also The Pregnancy Book 2007 and Birth to five: 2007 edition.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 pm

7/800 isn't that much when u consider visa alone is 500 quid....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:04 pm

The visa processing charges that are advertised are usually on top of the visa fees paid to the govt.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:08 pm

global gypsy wrote:The visa processing charges that are advertised are usually on top of the visa fees paid to the govt.
Wot a rip off!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

martha

Post by martha » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:36 am

Fees are hardly a rip off!
If people want to come here then this is a small price to pay out, when you consider all the advantages.
It might mean adjusting the purse strings for a while, thats all.