ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement confusion for ILR set M application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Azalea83
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Financial requirement confusion for ILR set M application

Post by Azalea83 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Hello,

I am a British born citizen and my husband is due to make his ILR application next week prior to his FLR visa expiring on 18/07/2018.

I am in the process of gathering the necessary paperwork and would just like some clarification on the financial requirements.

I have been employed with my current employer in the same role since 2012. I have the last 6 months worth of pay slips however, although the gross amount each month is over £18,600, the payslips for April and May are slightly lower than previous as I reduced my hours slightly.

I have started the set M application online and I am confused about the following question:

Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?
YES

What do they earn?

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

My income has varied in the last two months, however I'm hoping that as I exceed the financial requirement over the last 6 months, that I can tickbox the first answer. My issue is that if I reply with "Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount" then I will have to provide 12 months wage slips. This is not a problem per se, however I was earning less than the financial requirement at that time due to coming off maternity leave.

1) Therefore based on the above, would I still be OK to apply under category A based on my income alone and provide the last 6 months worth of payslips on this basis?

I can add my husband's employment as well, however all his payslips are online as well as his bank statements and it is a nightmare trying to get a letter from his employer, therefore I'd rather just rely on my own.

2) The following question is also on the application form:

What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP?

Do I just state my current annual salary as it is based on the pro rata salary I receive, or do I need to state the full salary amount?

3) I have a P60, however I'm reluctant to submit this as it shows less than £18,600 earned in the last financial year. The application states this is optional, therefore would there be any harm to the application in omitting this?

4) The wage slips I am submitting are from 28 December 2017 to 28 May 2018. We want to submit the application online on Friday 22 June so that the last payslip date is within 28 days before submission and the application is also within the 28 day period before the last visa expires (18/07/2018). Does this sound right? Or should I wait to get paid again on 28 June 2018 and then submit this payslip as well?

Apologies for the long post and any help you can provide is appreciated.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Re: Financial requirement confusion for ILR set M application

Post by bluebird12 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:46 am

Financial requirements calculation is quite complicated, I think if you are not on annual fix salary and your monthly income is variable than they choose lowest monthly income and multiply by 12 , so it means if any month salary is lower than £1550 , you do not meet financial requirements, this was happened in my case when I applied , however I might be totally wrong and pls do not rely on my opinion, please get advice from a competent professional person .

You will be better if you add your partner income as well...

haadikhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by haadikhan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi There,
I am going to apply for ILR SET(M) on 30 October 2018. i am also facing same issue. I have employer income £25,000 self employed £6000 and i register a company 2 years before.
i am confuse what shall i do?
if you have any idea please share.

thanks

kai1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kai1234 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:08 pm

'What do they earn?

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount '

Hi,

so which option did you choose?

applying for mine, so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks