ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online FLR(M) Section 3 Finance - Home Details

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rubyeyedowl
Newly Registered
Australia

Online FLR(M) Section 3 Finance - Home Details

Post by rubyeyedowl » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:45 am

Hi, I am a bit confused on how my wife and I fill this section in.

Section 3 - Finance - Home Details

The apartment we live in is in my name - I am a UK citizen since birth and my wife is extending her FLR(M) for the first time.

She is not on the mortgage, that is in my name as I had a pre-existing account since we met, buy when we bought the home she singed a form at the Lawyers stating it was a martial home and I would allow her to live there.

My question is "Which Box do we tick?" I own? I rent? In neither own or rent?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
S.

daku
Albania

Re: Online FLR(M) Section 3 Finance - Home Details

Post by daku » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 pm

If you are paying a mortgage you own your house. It doesn't matter if her name is not on the Mortgage Statement or title deeds. Her name should be in the Council Tax or other bills which proves that she lives there.

rubyeyedowl
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by rubyeyedowl » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi, I called the immigration line regarding this and they have advised that the question is directed at my wife. Even though she lives in our marital home, they have advised to select the Neither Own or Rent Option.

Does anyone else have any experience with this??

Thanks.

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:20 pm

I don't know about the online version but the offline one says as below:

"7.9 Do you and/or your sponsor own the property where you plan to live in the UK?"

Yes
No

7.10 If you have answered no to question 7.9 on what basis does your sponsor occupy this
property e.g rented, owned by a parent?"

When my wife aplied for the 1st visa I selected yes to 7.9 even though her name wasn't on the mortgage. I have yet to use the online version which i will probably do later this year.