ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for new visa during the citizenship application process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssm4u
India

Applying for new visa during the citizenship application process

Post by ssm4u » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi Members - I've recently applied for British citizenship online. I currently hold indian citizenship and may need to apply for Chineese business visa before I get my British passport. I would like to know if I get the visa stamped on my indian passport and denounce the indian citizenship after that then will that visa still be valid along with my British citizenship?

What will happen if I travel out of country on my UK BRP & Indian passport between my ctizenship approval and passport approval?

Thanks
ssm4u

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for new visa during the citizenship application process

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:07 pm

that visa still be valid along with my British citizenship?
Probably not, no.
What will happen if I travel out of country on my UK BRP & Indian passport between my ctizenship approval and passport approval?
You have a 90 day grace period to use your Indian passport. The 90 days starts from the date of your citizenship ceremony (NOT approval). You also are required to return your BRP card to HO within 5 days of attending your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.