ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum seeker deportation!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sahara7
Newly Registered

asylum seeker deportation!

Post by sahara7 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:27 am

Hi
I came to UK 1998 my asylum was refused in 2004, I stopped signing at police st. in 2005. Immigration officers arrested me in my room (dont know how they find me!) 3months ago. They put me in cell for about 5hrs, another immirgation officer interview me, took my pic, finger print, filled in passport renewal. I am palestinian refugee in lebanon. They asked me to sign once every month! I dont take income support, i work only. is this part of legacy to remove people who they think they can? why they did not send me for detention? what can i do as i been here for almost 10yrs? also i have contacted my soliciter and she sent to HO to consider me under legacy.
thanks

martha

Post by martha » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:30 am

Hi,
I think you just have to rely on your solicitor now.
I suppose you appealed against the asylum decision when it was refused? What was the outcome with that, or are you still waiting?
From what you are saying, you status is now that of an illegal. I realise that you also have to survive, and that you work to do so. I suppose you also worked when you were claiming asylum.
You are now scared, and think that immigration are dealing unfairly with you, but you also need to understand that you have made errors along the way, and need to take responsabilities for your actions.
I have some sympathy for you, but not everyone would.
Immigration will only look at the facts presented them, unfortunately from what you are saying, I dont think your chances are very good at all.
We dont know your full circumstances, why you came here, if your claim was genuine or not. Only you can answer that. I hope you have a good solicitor.

sahara7
Newly Registered

Post by sahara7 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 am

thanks for reply martha, all my appeal been exhausted now. so my case is closed! am not scared at all, but i think its waste of 10yrs. i never worked when i used to take income support, but now i have to work as am not intend to sleep on street! I think i have genuine claim but HO was not fair with my case as they do with almost every palestinian. I have made no errors here, never slapped a Pigeon either!! thanks[/quote]

liane1
Newly Registered

Post by liane1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 am

Hi sahara,
i think if it was any human rights in uk , you should be granted asylum in the first place : you are a palestionain refugee in lebanon , i am sure the british embassy in libanon send report monthly to uk about the situation of palestinians camps there : where they want to return you to????you don t have a country, your country is occupiend and we see the images daily on our tv s
you know a lot of failed asylum seekers get deported and return on a spouse visa or fiance visa
i am not sure if you have a girlfriend in uk or fiance
your solicitor needs to see what option you have i your current situation
good luck

breeze123
Newly Registered

Re: asylum seeker deportation!

Post by breeze123 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:13 pm

There has in the past been a hold on the consideration of asylum applications from Palestinians, related to the correct application of Article 1D of the Refugee Convention, but that issue being resolved, by 2002 the hold was lifted.
When an applicant is covered by Article 1D, he/she is excluded from the scope of the Refugee Convention for so long as UNRWA continues to operate. Accordingly, an asylum claim from such an applicant would fall to be refused on the ground that he is not a Convention refugee. This would be so even where the applicant could show a well-founded fear of persecution on one of the five Convention grounds.

This is shameful policy and a disgrace.
From my experience, there are very few Palestinians who are granted leave to remain in UK.
Home Office insist that consideration is given in the normal way as to whether the applicant qualifies for Humanitarian Protection or Discretionary Leave. Someone who had a well-founded fear of persecution but was excluded from being a refugee by Article 1D would almost certainly qualify for leave to remain under the Humanitarian Protection Provisions.
took my pic, finger print, filled in passport renewal
Do you have a lebanese travel document? do the Home office have it ( your travel document)?
Did you receive help from UNRWA-assisted Palestinians in lebanon?

[/quote]

sahara7
Newly Registered

Post by sahara7 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:26 pm

thanks all for your reply, I gave my travel document when i first got in 1998 but its expired ofcourse long time. Now they want to renew it for me but the funny thing is they just let me go without detention!! no Liane1 from my experience here they dont look at it that way(human rights in UK)!! never experience any human rights here for asylum. I will finish my degree next yr if i stayed here, but i think in that situation now its hard to complete it.

martha

Post by martha » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:12 am

sahara7
Yes, it is a very difficult situation for you. Lets hope your solicitor is successful with your case. All the best

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:19 pm

sahara7 wrote:thanks for reply martha, all my appeal been exhausted now. so my case is closed! am not scared at all, but i think its waste of 10yrs. i never worked when i used to take income support, but now i have to work as am not intend to sleep on street! I think i have genuine claim but HO was not fair with my case as they do with almost every palestinian. I have made no errors here, never slapped a Pigeon either!! thanks
Why would someone from Palestine have claim to asylum except on economic grounds? :? The place was peaceful enough until the start of the second Intifada in the late 1990s..

Plus you came to this country from Lebanon which has large pockets of Palestinian refugees living in relative peace and harmony..

breeze123
Newly Registered

Post by breeze123 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi thirdwave,
I am disgusted by your posting and your comments. I don't know where do you come from or what is your background but I think it is really inappropriate.
you have to distinguish between Hamas and Palestinian people. Regardless of what is going overthere, do not generalise and judge.
do you know:
1.Half of Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza malnourished around 46 per cent of Gaza and West Bank households are "food insecure" or in danger of becoming so, according to a UN report on the impact of conflict and the global boycott of the Hamas-led Palestinian Authority.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 37343.html
2.slow death being experienced by one and a half million Palestinians in Gaza. According to some resouces, half of the population will be wiped out within 20 years if the conflicts continue
3.Lebanon barred Palestinians from 73 job categories including professions such as medicine, law and engineering. They are not allowed to own property. Unlike other foreigners in Lebanon, they are denied access to the Lebanese healthcare system. No citizenship even if you born in lebanon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinia ... es#Lebanon
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 325147.stm
The same applies to Palestinians in Syria.
It is really bad to be born Palestinian. Imagine thirdwave yourself palestinian.

liane1
Newly Registered

Post by liane1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 am

thirdwive : don t judge people without knowing them
the palestinians in lebanon get killed everyday if not by beloved , hunger and crime they get killed by cluster bombs ,land mines surrounding their refugee camps .

sahara7
Newly Registered

Post by sahara7 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:29 am

thanks all for your replies, am not here trying to make this post as political debate or question time!! Thirdwave, the main reason am here its because britain in 1948 gave palestine to israeli settlers...Thirdwave thats the main reason am here. Britain hold the full responsibility for every palestinain agony every single day. however, am not here to open this debate now. If someone can advise me for good soliciters, or tips that help me to stay here i will be grateful. thanks all

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:24 am

Britain is very small place area wise and if whole world will come here after fighting with rivals

british people have to beg

fine

Now things are much better in Lebannon

sahara7
Newly Registered

Post by sahara7 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:53 pm

am not sure if you follow the news Sushil-AccA, lebanon been without president for almost year now!!! Civil war is imminent. If Britian have very good immigration system this website would not be here! problem not with how big or small this country, its the immirgration system is XXXXup.