ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about FLR(M) first time versus 2nd time application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sethcamden
Newly Registered

Confused about FLR(M) first time versus 2nd time application

Post by sethcamden » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:22 pm

I married by British citizen wife in April 2017 and in December 2017 got a job in the UK and moved to join her, entering on a Tier 2 visa (valid till 2020).
My question is as follows: we are trying to put together a first time FLR(M) application (for Tier 2 -> Family visa) but confused about the requirements, there seems to be different requirements for first time FLR(M) app versus renewal. For example, it seems for first time FLR(M), more focus is put on evidence of cohabitation and communication, is this correct? We have compiled the following documents establishing this:
--letters of correspondence addressed to both of us, from the bank and council tax
--letters of correspondence addressed to one of us, from HMRC, NHS, Thames water, DVLA, bank
--jointly signed lease, and letter from landlord confirming details of our flat
--pictures of us (and our families) interspersed over the past several months

Are we missing any vital pieces of evidence?
Also, my wife is preparing to get her payslips, employment confirmation, etc. Would it help to also get these documents for my current job (i came here on a Tier 2 visa and have been working for 6 months)?

Apologies for the long post, any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confused about FLR(M) first time versus 2nd time application

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Cohabitation yes. Photos and proof of texts or communications, no.

Either partner can use their income to meet the financial requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.