ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Alternative Evidence of Residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Melly
Newly Registered
Germany

British Citizenship - Alternative Evidence of Residence

Post by Melly » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:35 am

Hi.

Can anyone advise, please?
I applied for BC beginning of May and received a letter from the home office on Friday (18/6/18) asking for alternative evidence of residence cover April 2017 - April 2018.
They have given me till 2/7 to send all the documents otherwise my application will be denied.

I did send all my passports (current and expired), ILR and all other required documents.
I am self-employed and sent my tax calculation for 2016/2017.

As I will be travelling in 3 weeks I cannot send my passport ( They do have my current passport info as I used NDRS)

The letter states:
If you cannot send your passport or travel documents you can send the following e.g

Letter from employer ------ I am self-employed
Salary slips --------I use a xls Invoice which I send to the company I freelance for would that be enough, together with a copy of my bank statement showing the money going in?
Tax assessment forms (self-employed) - as I have not filled 2017/2018 I don’t have this the new one. But letters dated April 2017 and April 2018 “Notice to complete a tax return”

I am trying to get hold of my Child Benefit information as this would proof that I am living here but it may take longer than a week to arrive.

As they have my passport information, list of trips abroad could I send them copies of my invoice/booking emails from my flights?
It would show the departure airport and my name. Would this be enough?

Council tax Demand Notice, it’s in joint names, would that help?

I got 2 letters from the NHS dated May 2017 and April 2018, would this be enough?

I am thinking to send them all of the above, do you think that this will be enough?

Has anyone contact them and ask them to clarify what exactly they would except?
If I don’t get the Child Benefits in time, could I contact them and ask for an extension?

Really worried that they will refuse my application.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: British Citizenship - Alternative Evidence of Residence

Post by bruteforce » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:43 pm

Melly wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:35 am
I am thinking to send them all of the above, do you think that this will be enough?
Should be fine.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Should be ok send as much documents you can for the requested period and in covering letter mention that you need passport as needs to travel in few weeks if they still require my passport I happy to send you

Good news is on your way soon

All the best

erikab
Newly Registered

Post by erikab » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Melly wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:35 am
Hi.

Can anyone advise, please?
I applied for BC beginning of May and received a letter from the home office on Friday (18/6/18) asking for alternative evidence of residence cover April 2017 - April 2018.
They have given me till 2/7 to send all the documents otherwise my application will be denied.

I did send all my passports (current and expired), ILR and all other required documents.
I am self-employed and sent my tax calculation for 2016/2017.

As I will be travelling in 3 weeks I cannot send my passport ( They do have my current passport info as I used NDRS)

The letter states:
If you cannot send your passport or travel documents you can send the following e.g

Letter from employer ------ I am self-employed
Salary slips --------I use a xls Invoice which I send to the company I freelance for would that be enough, together with a copy of my bank statement showing the money going in?
Tax assessment forms (self-employed) - as I have not filled 2017/2018 I don’t have this the new one. But letters dated April 2017 and April 2018 “Notice to complete a tax return”

I am trying to get hold of my Child Benefit information as this would proof that I am living here but it may take longer than a week to arrive.

As they have my passport information, list of trips abroad could I send them copies of my invoice/booking emails from my flights?
It would show the departure airport and my name. Would this be enough?

Council tax Demand Notice, it’s in joint names, would that help?

I got 2 letters from the NHS dated May 2017 and April 2018, would this be enough?

Has anyone contact them and ask them to clarify what exactly they would except?
If I don’t get the Child Benefits in time, could I contact them and ask for an extension?

Really worried that they will refuse my application.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Hi, would you be able to give us un update, I am in a similar situation.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Habz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Habz » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:06 am

Hi there
I have received a similar letter from home office.
Could you please write the outcome of your application.
Thanks

Habz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Habz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:36 am

Recently I visited this site looking for possible solution about letter I received from home office asking for proof of residency in UK.
Between April 2012 to May 2015 I was living without a valid passport.
I applied for British citizenship on 30/05/2018. After 5 months of waiting I received a letter asking for proofs that I was present in UK.
As a self employed person I only could send my tax papers.etc
Unfortunately in that period I was having trouble with my business account as my account was useless and had not done my paperwork.
This resulted in investigation by tax and VAT guys.
The only proof I had was the emails and corresponding letters from these guys. I sent these info on 26/10/18.
Just to let you know that after waiting all that time, finally I received my approval letter on 07/12/18.
Funny enough, I have been living in United Kingdom for 25 years and total number of days absent is around 90 days. But you always need to proof it
I thought I share this experience with you.
Hopefully this does someone good.
Good luck