ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for parents who have already retired

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visitor visa for parents who have already retired

Post by Tre » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Dear IB experts,
My mother has already retired and is still in good shape. She has a lot of free time and wants to come to the UK regularly to visit us (both my wife and I have been British) and take care of our son as both of us are working full time. I have a few questions and hope you can shed light on them for me.
1. Does the fact that she has already retired possibly make it more difficult for her to obtain a standard visitor visa?
2. As she has never visited us or never come to the UK before, should she initially apply for a 6-month standard visitor visa or is it possible for her to apply for a long-term one immediately?
3. In my mother's case, what can she do to show UKVI that she has no intention to overstay in the UK?
Thank you very much for your time.
Best regards,
Tre

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor visa for parents who have already retired

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Unlikely she will be granted a longer term visit visa if she has never been here and has no provelln good track record and history.

How long is she planing to stay?

What reason will she state for her visit?

What evidence of ties to home country will she provide?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa for parents who have already retired

Post by Tre » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Thanks CR001. She plans to stay with us for about 2 months. She wants to visit me, her daughter in law (my wife) and her grandson. She also wants to see some attractions in the country. About the evidence of ties to home country, my father is still living there and they have enough funding to support themselves. Is that evidence sufficient?