ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Contract cancellation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joshy987897
Newly Registered
India

Business Contract cancellation

Post by Joshy987897 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi all,

So I have a couple of contracts and one of our big clients doesn't want to renew the contract with us as I haven't received the extension for Tier 1 yet even though they're happy with our work etc. They think i am not allowed to work/run a business if the visa is in process. I applied in Dec 2017 for extension. I have told them I am allowed to run a business while my visa is in process and also given a solicitor letter but they still won't agree. Is there a way to stop this from happening so that I don't loose the client? They want to wait till I get my visa but that could take another 6 months or who knows how long. I obviously don't want to loose this client as its a big billing. Any suggestions as to what I can do to prove to them that they're not breaking any rules by hiring us to look after their account?

Thank you.

regularuser
India

Re: Business Contract cancellation

Post by regularuser » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Sorry to hear that.

If I am you I will involve my MP and provide email communication between you and client and also If more than 6 months than you should ask for expedition.

Hope this helps.

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:42 pm

Also fill out the form on top of this forum about delays from HO.

amu123456789
India

Post by amu123456789 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi
i have also applied my extenision in december 2017
i got Partial refund last week.
i lost 2 big contracts for catering and events 2 months ago . i posted the email communication prints of myself and my clients as it was same reason that they needed my passport and visa as the contract was for 12 months period.
unfortunately i got nothing heard back from home office. last week they refunded my partial ihs and requested the visa copy of one of my employee as it was missing from the file or may be i forgotten to attach but they requested me to send it asap.
lets see what happens now.
so you can also proceed and send the prints if you are lucky may be your case could be escalated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:48 am

If your client cares about your immigration status, you are probably working in capacity of an employee for them which is NOT allowed under Tier 1E rules. :!: If I contract a company to do some work why would I care about their employees' immigration status ??!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice