ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How should I fill Section 9 of the EEA PR form?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Superhornet
Newly Registered

Document certifying permanent residence- Descendant?

Post by Superhornet » Wed May 31, 2017 12:01 am

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

When I was filling in the form, I was a bit confused with the term Sponsors. A couple of months ago, my father did his DCPR first as he arrived in UK way earlier than me. He did his application online, which is easier than the paper form I have to do because I'm a student. Therefore, I assume my sponsor could be my father.
My age is 18, when I arrived in the UK, I was 12, so to prove I was a qualifying person during the last 5 years, do I send my school grade letters? or Child benefit letters?

The section (3) about family members and extended family members, are they talking about the NON-EU or the EU family member of the EU sponsor?

In section 9, the question about the Study/self-sufficiency - financial resources, what do I say? I'm a dependent, living at home with parents.

I really appreciate it if you could answer these questions.

vinny

Re: Document certifying permanent residence- Descendant?

Post by vinny » Wed May 31, 2017 12:20 am

You don't have to be a qualified person, if you are a family member of your EEA national father, who is a qualified person or has acquired PR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Superhornet
Newly Registered

Re: Document certifying permanent residence- Descendant?

Post by Superhornet » Wed May 31, 2017 11:51 am

vinny wrote:You don't have to be a qualified person, if you are a family member of your EEA national father, who is a qualified person or has acquired PR.
But I am a qualified person, because I've been studying for the last 5 years. And also I am an EU citizen myself.

Superhornet
Newly Registered

How should I fill Section 9 of the EEA PR form?

Post by Superhornet » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi, I am new here, please forgive me if I put this in the wrong section. I came to the UK in 2011 when I was 12, then I went to school, college and now University. I have never worked, only done some volunteering. As my dad did his PR form a few years ago, I have to do mine independently.

Now, I have the following questions and uncertainties:
9.5: Do I just fill in the school i went to and the qualifications i got?
9.6: Not too sure if I can quantify how much support I get while living with parents in terms of money.
9.7: Do I need comprehensive sickness insurance? Always had NHS for that.

Thanks

Astro-south
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: How should I fill Section 9 of the EEA PR form?

Post by Astro-south » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:53 pm

My understanding is, if your father is a worker, pays for yours bills and you live in the same address as him, he is the qualified person. Saying that, nothing stops you from applying on your own, but if you do, as a student you will definitely need CSI.

Yes, covering the 5 year period.
9.6: Not too sure if I can quantify how much support I get while living with parents in terms of money.
Find an estimate and clarify this in your covering letter (where the money comes from)

Superhornet
Newly Registered

Re: How should I fill Section 9 of the EEA PR form?

Post by Superhornet » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:18 pm

Astro-south wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:53 pm
My understanding is, if your father is a worker, pays for yours bills and you live in the same address as him, he is the qualified person. Saying that, nothing stops you from applying on your own, but if you do, as a student you will definitely need CSI.

Yes, covering the 5 year period.
Find an estimate and clarify this in your covering letter (where the money comes from)
So, should I apply as a family member of the qualified person (my dad) as I don't have comprehensive sickness insurance? Also I can avoid most of the section 9.