ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension along with 5 dependents before 31 July 2018

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 2 Extension along with 5 dependents before 31 July 2018

Post by GondalUK » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi All,

I am in very stressful situation where my current Tier 2 VISA is expiring on 31st July 2018 after curtailment. I have 4 dependents on Tier 2 dependents VISA. And one recently born baby in UK currently not on any VISA.

Luckily, I have found new job just now where they are willing to sponsor. They have RLMT in place but don't have COS allocation for which they will apply on 6th July 2018. There are only 3 weeks and I want to get ready to start all process as soon as the COS allocation is done so I can file my and my dependents VISA on time.

I am assuming COS allocation will be done in 2 weeks (one week before my VISA expiry) and then I could apply using premium same day service or by standard postal service if premium appointment is not available. I want guidance regarding following:

1- Can I get premium appointment at this stage? I have seen on some other discussions on this board that premium appointment might not be available close to date I need. I am not able to complete VISA application as I don't have COS assigned yet, can I still book a premium appointment? If not then how likely I would be able to book close to expiry date of 31st July?

2- I have 5 dependents, so I am planning for them to apply via standard postal service. How it should be done? Do I need to fill my application online and add all dependents in same application? Or do I need to fill application for my dependents separately?

3- Regarding baby born in UK, can I choose to not apply VISA for baby now and apply later? I don't have enough budget so thinking about the possibility if I could delay without having any problem/complications at later stage?

I appreciate any help/guidance in this regard.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Extension along with 5 dependents before 31 July 2018

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:08 pm

A UCoS for visa within the UK is not part of the monthly RCoS allocation,

Your employer can simply request a UCoS if they have none.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:08 pm
A UCoS for visa within the UK is not part of the monthly RCoS allocation,

Your employer can simply request a UCoS if they have none.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. My employer is going to request for Unrestricted COS on 6th July, I have seen on some discussions in this forum that it might take 1-2 weeks for UCoS request to be approved by UKVI.

Any advice for other queries please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:58 pm

You are misunderstanding the different processes between unrestricted Cos and restricted Cos.

It is restricted Cos that is part of the 6th of month allocations for visa applicants from outside the UK.

It doesn't apply to applications within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:10 pm

I am sorry as I was not clear enough, my employer is going to request on 6th July as the person who has access to SMS won't be available earlier. This is not because of RCOS rules where COS are allocated on 6th of every month.

Halshimitzu

Post by Halshimitzu » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:19 pm

As long as your new baby isnt travelling outside the UK, then you can sort out the visa later.

It must be costly applying for you and 5 dependents! How many years of leave to remain are you applying for?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:51 pm

Thanks for the advice. I think it will be helpful to delay VISA for my newborn baby as I might not need to travel outside country. I am considering an option to register baby as british after and if I get ILR after 2 years.

I am looking on cost of minimum £8.5K for extension along with 5 dependents :( If VISA is refused for some reason it might cost more.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi again,

My new employer has requested UCOS using priority service and we are expecting it anytime in next week.

I have started filling application forms in the mean time for myself and my dependents, after doing some research I found following link to apply VISA:

For myself (via premium appointment):
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... r2-general

For dependents, wife and 3 children (separately via standard postal):
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... /dependant

Question:
When I tried to fill application for dependents, there is a question about main Tier 2 immigrant with 3 options:
"Do you have one of these Home Office reference numbers for Mr XXXXX XXXX? (Required) 1- BRP number 2- Entry clearance number 3- I do not have any reference number"

What shall I fill here? I have BRP number for old Tier 2 Leave to Remain but not the new as I still have to apply for new Leave to Remain and even if I apply via premium appointment and get same day decision, the BRP will be received after 1-2 weeks.

Anybody who were in similar situation, please suggest...

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi all, any advice please?

Please give advice who got some idea or were in similar situation in past. The employer got COS application approved and I am going to file my VISA and my dependent VISA soon.

silverocks
Bangladesh

Post by silverocks » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:14 pm

You can use the current BRP number as while applying you are holding this BRP and send the curtailment letters with the supporting documents.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi Silverocks,

Thanks for your advice, I am thinking to enter my old BRP number in dependent's application form with following supporting documents:

1- Old BRP copy
2- New COS copy
3- Curtailment letter
4- Cover letter with explanation that main Tier 2 Migrant has already applied for Tier 2 (with application reference number if available)

Please Let me know if anything else is also required.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:36 pm

I was not able to get advice for few questions I had asked, but now I have answers after my experience so I thought to share it with any new members who might be in same situation or have these question in their mind:

>> 1- Can I get premium appointment at this stage? I have seen on some other discussions on this
>> board that premium appointment might not be available close to date I need. I am not able to
>> complete VISA application as I don't have COS assigned yet, can I still book a premium appointment?
>>If not then how likely I would be able to book close to expiry date of 31st July?

It was not possible to book Premium appointment in advance as it's part of Tier 2 VISA application and can only be booked after filling application, paying IHS and booking appointment was 3rd step. Also once I had entered all details I was able to see premium appointment available 3-4 week ahead. I also seen 4 cancelled appointment for very next week appeared at 1:30 pm which all booked within 15 minutes. I also seen that on Sheffield PEO, about 20-30 new appointment appeared for 2 weeks ahead in bulk which was not there earlier.

>> UCoS request time

My employer requested UCoS using priority service, the COS request was approved within 3 working days.

I still have no answer for some of my questions asked in my previous posts, if anybody got any idea, please suggest.

silverocks
Bangladesh

Post by silverocks » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:02 am

Hi Masood

Sorry for the delayed reply. Those documents will be more than enough as your dependent visa will be given after you get the visa and they will be linked anyway. Hope everything goes well with you.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:26 am

Hi Silverroacks,

Thanks for your advice, my dependent's application might not be linked to my application as they are applying separately using standard postal where as I have applied separately earlier using postal priority.

Will this be any problem?

silverocks
Bangladesh

Post by silverocks » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:38 am

You misunderstood me. I meant your dependent visa will depend on your visa so until you get your visa they will not get it anyway. You can do separate application as long as its on time.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi Silverocks,

Thanks, it make sense.

>> You can do separate application as long as its on time.

This is another dilemma, my dependents original VISA expiry date is 14 Sep 2018 with no curtailment letter received yet. However my VISA was curtailed from 14 Sep 2018 to 31st July 2018.

So I am not sure if it's safe to file application after 31st July 2018 or not? As my VISA was curtailed to 31st July 2018, but curtailment letter for my dependents VISA was received and their original expiry is 14 Sep 2018, further I sent a letter to UKVI to ask them with no response so far.

Any advance for this?

silverocks
Bangladesh

Post by silverocks » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:30 pm

So your visa is curtailed till 30th July and your dependents visa curtailed till 14 sep 2018?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:50 pm

Hi Silverocks,

My VISA was curtailed to 31st July, but 14 September is the original leave validity for my dependents.

The original validity for my VISA and my Dependents VISA is 31st September 2018. I received a letter confirming that my VISA is curtailed to 31st July 2018 but my dependent did not received any curtailment letter.

So there is a confusion if my dependent leave is still valid until 14 September after my curtailment?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:45 pm

Thanks everybody for the suggestions, my VISA application is finally approved now. I thought to share my experience and give answer to questions for which I was not able to find answer but learned after experiments. It might be helpful to some in similar situation:

Question 1:
I have 5 dependents, so I am planning for them to apply via standard postal service. How it should be done? Do I need to fill my application online and add all dependents in same application? Or do I need to fill application for my dependents separately?

Learned after experiment:
I managed to achieve this my sending postal priority application for myself. And I sent separate stand postal application for my wife and children as group application.

Question 2:
So I am not sure if it's safe to file application after 31st July 2018 or not? As my VISA was curtailed to 31st July 2018, but curtailment letter for my dependents VISA was received and their original expiry is 14 Sep 2018, further I sent a letter to UKVI to ask them with no response so far.

Learned after experiment:
My VISA was curtailed to 31st July 2018 but dependent VISA was never curtailed (never received any curtailment letter). As a safe side I ended up applying VISA for dependents on 31st July 2018, on the last date according to my curtailment date.