ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent (Added more queries)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Dependent (Added more queries)

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:38 am

Hi Folks,

I have gone through majority of the page of BIA site and this forum. However, I am still not able to understand many points related to Dependent.

1. When a dependent can apply? Along with main applicant's initial application or after the initial approval of main applicant or after main applicant enters UK?

2. I understand dependent has be legal partner for 2 year or more. Is having Marriage Certificate sufficient or we need supply other evidences as well to proof both have been living togather for more than 2 years?

Thanks,
Rajesh.
Last edited by rajesh9pl on Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:28 am

The dependents shold apply along with the main applicant i.e. when he/she submits the EC application

Only marriage certificate will suffice (some ppl additionally provide marriage photographs too). No need to prove that you have been living together for last 2 years.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks for your reply. I got more information on UKVisa site later.

However, I have few more queries. Can someone please address following queries on DEPENDENT?

1. Knowledge of the language (english). Does dependet need to appear in IELTS or equivalent exam? A letter from Univ should be sufficient as allowed for primary applicant?

2. Evidence of accomodation? When both primary and his/her dependent is applying togather then there is no scope dependent being in position to produce it

3. Is original birth certificate required for spouse?

Many Thanks in advance.

ash123

Post by ash123 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:09 am

rajesh9pl wrote:Thanks for your reply. I got more information on UKVisa site later.

However, I have few more queries. Can someone please address following queries on DEPENDENT?

1. Knowledge of the language (english). Does dependet need to appear in IELTS or equivalent exam? A letter from Univ should be sufficient as allowed for primary applicant?
No. Why letter ? Is the dependant applying for hsmp ?
rajesh9pl wrote: 2. Evidence of accomodation? When both primary and his/her dependent is applying togather then there is no scope dependent being in position to produce it
i think the evidence should state that the accomodation is enuf for both.. although this hasn't been a blocking issue for some applications.. but to be on the safer side.
rajesh9pl wrote:
3. Is original birth certificate required for spouse?

Many Thanks in advance.
No.. !
Applying for Tier 1 Dependant visa for baby