ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AlexAlexAlex

Family Visa questions

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi,
My wife visa is expiring on 10th of August, she has already spent more that 2.5 years in UK. I have the following questions:

1. Could I apply for her visa now or do I need to wait till 28 days before her visa expiry date?

2. If I apply online and submit the application, does the date of application is from the date of online submission or date HO receive the actual documents through the post?

3. If I apply online and go via premium service could I have an appointment after her visa expiry date. (reason being there is no appointment available so i am going to submit her online application and then take the documents to premuim service on her appointment date 'after visa expired')

4. lastly, do I need to submit my original passport as her sponsor or could I just send copy of my passport.

Thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family Visa questions

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:28 pm

1. Could I apply for her visa now or do I need to wait till 28 days before her visa expiry date?
What is your spouse's UK immigration history? Did she enter the UK on a 6 months fiance visa or a 33 month spouse visa??
2. If I apply online and submit the application, does the date of application is from the date of online submission or date HO receive the actual documents through the post?
Likely the date of online submission for further leave to remain but there is some debate of this at the moment on the forum as no one seems to have a clear indication.
3. If I apply online and go via premium service could I have an appointment after her visa expiry date. (reason being there is no appointment available so i am going to submit her online application and then take the documents to premuim service on her appointment date 'after visa expired')
She must attend a premium service appointment before her visa expires.
4. lastly, do I need to submit my original passport as her sponsor or could I just send copy of my passport.

If applying in person original yes. If applying by post, copy is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Thanks for getting back to me, she entered UK on 33 spouse month visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:32 pm

On what date (exact date) did she enter the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:34 pm

She entered UK on 16th of December 2015 on 33 month spouse visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:36 pm

She can apply now or at any time before her visa expires. As mentioned, if applying in person, she must have a valid visa on the date of her appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Thanks CR001, useful as always. could I just double check, when you say she can apply now, does it include the online application? or is it only by post?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:44 pm

I am not sure what the application date is if she uses online application and then applies in person.

I do not have experience of the online forms as they are relatively new.

Also note that if she is required to meet the English test requirement, where A1 was acceptable for her initial visa, she will now need English A2 for an extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks, she has already took the A2 test and passed it.
We are planing to apply online and the post the documents to HO as the premium fee is too much.
As you said I guess it doesn't matter if we apply online and post the document or apply via post. we should be able to apply now :)

Thanks again for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Should be fine and approvals are not taking long these days.

Don't forget to pay the £500 IHS fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AlexAlexAlex

question on FLR(M) first extension

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:30 am

Morning All,

I have applied for my wife first FLRM extension online 2 weeks ago, I have printed and sent the application along with all the supporting documents to Sheffield via recorded delivery. I can see the documents were received by Hme Office using royal mail tracking system. However, I haven't received any acknowledgement letter or email from them.

my question are:

1. Is this normal not to receive any acknowledgment from them? (please note my wife already printed and done bio metric)

2. should I contact them and chase for acknowledgement?

Thanks,

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:33 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Davit
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Davit » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:39 am

It is pretty normal not to receive confirmation of delivery of documents.
Your Royal Mail tracking is proof of delivery, keep the number safe.

If there are any problems with the HO saying they have not got the documents then give them the tracking number, they can then usually find them them

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:09 pm

I have been dealing with Home office for nearly all my life and they have always sent me an acknowledgment that they have received the application and its currently being processed, thats why I find this a bit strange!!!