ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit for MOTHER. help!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Denididi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

EEA Family permit for MOTHER. help!

Post by Denididi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:31 pm

HI everyone. 1st time here & really hoping somebody can help me on this.

im applying for EEA family permit for my mum who is venezuelan and lives in venezuelan, now im spanish living in uk for more than 6 years, she has visited me before under a turist family visa, now im applying as a EEA family permit, she is returning to venezuela after 5 months, thing is her passport will expire in MAY 2019, she is supposed to be here in september 2018, our appointment is in 2 weeks & i have read in another forum that the passport needs to have ONE YEAR after depart UK left. is this true? who can i call to ask this? she will have 3 months active in her passport on her return. I do not want this to be a rejection on her visa as we have done SOOOOOO MUCHHHH for getting all right. can someone give me some light please?

Thank you

eubritish
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Family permit for MOTHER. help!

Post by eubritish » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:14 pm

As far as I know, that is not correct.

I am only aware of the usual requirement that passport has to have 6 months before you can have a visa on it, not that it has to have any time left on it after departure from the UK.

Denididi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Re: EEA Family permit for MOTHER. help!

Post by Denididi » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:39 am

eubritish wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:14 pm
As far as I know, that is not correct.

I am only aware of the usual requirement that passport has to have 6 months before you can have a visa on it, not that it has to have any time left on it after departure from the UK.
thANK YOU !!