ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension is a dilemma ...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asifraza

Extension is a dilemma ...

Post by asifraza » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:00 pm

I got my HSMP in 2004 and then got an extension in 2005 which is going to end now in July.

There have been a lot of changes to the rules since then and am a bit confuse about what are the latest requirements for an extension.

Do I just need to file FLR(IED) as did back in 2005 for an extension or will have to do something else? Having spent almost 4 years here on HSMP, do I still need to provide ‘proof of English’ despite all the information was provided back in 2004 when I initially applied for HSMP?

The whole scheme has become quite confusing now with so many changes and talks around that it is difficult to understand where I stand. That’ll be four years in this July since got my HSMP.

Would really appreciate if anyone can suggest what exactly needs to be done.

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Re: Extension is a dilemma ...

Post by push » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:26 pm

Can answer your question re proof of English requirement only : Yes you will need to provide a proff as the latest guidelines clearly say that you are exempt only if the original HSMP approval was granted after 5 Dec 2006 changes came into effect. The following is the relevant excerpt from the guidelines:

"Applicants meet the English language requirement if:
• they were last granted leave under a Tier 1 category
(other than Investors, where there is no English language
requirements) and are applying for an extension; or,
• they were last granted leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant
which was granted under the Immigration Rules which
came into force on 5 December 2006 and are applying for
an extension under a Tier 1 category.
"
asifraza wrote: Do I just need to file FLR(IED) as did back in 2005 for an extension or will have to do something else? Having spent almost 4 years here on HSMP, do I still need to provide ‘proof of English’ despite all the information was provided back in 2004 when I initially applied for HSMP?

Would really appreciate if anyone can suggest what exactly needs to be done.

Thanks

asifraza

Re: Extension is a dilemma ...

Post by asifraza » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:43 am

push_hsmp wrote: "Applicants meet the English language requirement if:
• they were last granted leave under a Tier 1 category
(other than Investors, where there is no English language
requirements) and are applying for an extension; or,
• they were last granted leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant
which was granted under the Immigration Rules which
came into force on 5 December 2006 and are applying for
an extension under a Tier 1 category.
"
Thanks for the info push-hsmp. Now, what are the other options if I don't have time for this! I'm heading a whole department here with no time for such tests due to busy schedule. It's quite funny for me as well that I have to go to prove it after almost four years ...

There has been a high court ruling just recently against the Home office's ridiculous decisions on HSMP which can be found here at http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/hsmp_note.html

asifraza

Post by asifraza » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:09 pm

any one ...