ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

So very confused, please help.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoConfused84
Newly Registered

So very confused, please help.

Post by SoConfused84 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:46 am

Hello. I have posted here before and received so many different answers on various questions I had.

Now for my MAIN question.

I am a U.S. citizen.
My fiance is a U.K. citizen.

We want to be married. I want to move to the U.K. for a bit while we save money for our OWN house.

What are our options for this process?

I am familiar with the FIANCE VISA process, which is what we are currently putting together. And it's stressing me out b/c of an overdraft he had on his bank account recently!

I have just read something about EEA1 and EEA2 applications, that seem to be wonderful, but I am not sure this is for us since he is a U.K. citizen?

Any advice. Reassurance. Anything would be lovely at this point.

Because currently, my brain is not being very nice to me about any of this lol.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:18 am

If you want to marry, and eventually settle, in the UK, then you may apply for a Fiancé(e) entry clearance. After marriage, switch to FLR(M). Subsequently apply for SET(M).

Unfortunately, non-EEA family members of British citizens may use the EU route (Family permits, EEA1 and EEA2, etc) only under limited circumstances (Surinder Singh cases).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.