ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Just landed in London, Have IHS but not yet registered to NHS. need urgent treatment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raveeshkumar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Family Just landed in London, Have IHS but not yet registered to NHS. need urgent treatment

Post by raveeshkumar » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi Guys
I am working in London on Tier 2 Visa. My wife and 2 kids, just landed last week.
Now one of my kids is not well from last 2-3 days, seems food poisoning. Family is not registered to NHS yet, but has IHS numbers.. Can I take my kid to any doctor/hospital for consultation/treatment. As I know NHS registration may take upto 4 weeks.
Please suggest. Its Urgent.

Thanks in advance.
Raveesh

Pouf101
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Family Just landed in London, Have IHS but not yet registered to NHS. need urgent treatment

Post by Pouf101 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:32 am

Have they picked up their biometric residence permits? That's all you need really, although it does make the process easier for the health facility if you've already registered with a GP. They're still entitled to the NHS given they paid the NHS surchage with their visas.

I waited a few months to register with a GP and went to a walk-in clinic with my residence permit prior to registering with no issue. The doctor I saw simply recommended I do as soon as possible.

vinny

Re: Family Just landed in London, Have IHS but not yet registered to NHS. need urgent treatment

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:04 am

A & E.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raveeshkumar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by raveeshkumar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:46 am

Thanks the the advise. I am talking my kid to A&E Lets see how it goes.

OneAnxiousTeacher
United States of America

Post by OneAnxiousTeacher » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:01 pm

I hope your child is feeling better.