ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant Visa for family members - help needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zlooc
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Tier 2 Dependant Visa for family members - help needed

Post by zlooc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Hi all,

I am holding a T2 general visa. My family will apply for Tier 2 dependant visa. After going through the forum, there are several questions still not clear to me.

1. there are two portals:
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... /dependant
Seems my family should use the second one, is this correct?

2. My wife will be the person to fill out all the forms for her and our children.
There is a section in the second portal:
"Person you are applying with or joining
What is the name of the person you will travel to the UK with, or join in the UK?
(Required)
This will be used to link your application with theirs"

I think that should be me (joining) for my wife's form. Is it right?

I am a bit confused what should be filled for my children's form because of the description "link your application with theirs"
Is it still me? or my wife (applying with)?

3. Maintenance funds
As children also have to show the maintenance funds, can all the funds requirements go to my wife's bank statement? Is there any document/letter needed to indicate all applications are using the same bank statement?

4. Because the application is applied by every person, should I duplicate all the documents(like bank statement) for each of them?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Thanks,