ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK certificate not returned

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cory_cionvica
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Life in UK certificate not returned

Post by Cory_cionvica » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:20 am

Hi All, I have applied in September last year, my application for citizenship was refused due to missing the permanent residence card. I have now received it and getting ready to resubmit the application however when checking the documents I have realised that life in uk certificate was not returned by ukvi. I was advised to call them which I did and I was told I can send them a letter to request it back. It’s been 3 weeks since I’ve sent the letter but no response yet. Anyone has any idea how long it might take? I don’t have a copy of it cause silly me didn’t think to make one before sending

Alanran
Belgium

Re: Life in UK certificate not returned

Post by Alanran » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:09 pm

I used the return documents form ( online ) and I recive it within 9 working days
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

Cory_cionvica
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cory_cionvica » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:59 pm

Thank you, I did that now waiting let’s hope it won’t be too long. All documents are ready just waiting for the certificate to submit the application again.

Cory_cionvica
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cory_cionvica » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:55 am

It’s been 3 weeks and no certificate yet, please help no idea what to do next

nadworks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by nadworks » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:01 pm

I hope you can sort it out. That's outrageous that they didn't return the original test result. Have you tried contacting the place where you took the test? You should be in their system. Maybe they can issue a new result certificate?

When my application was rejected (for the same reason, btw. - wrong residency card), I at least received the original LIUK test result piece of paper back.

However, just out of interest: you said you applied last September with the wrong residency card and now have the correct one, EEA(PR) I assume. You officially have to...
  • ... be in possession of the Permanent Residency card EEA(PR) for at least one year until you can apply for citizenship. Have you been advised that waiting another year now that you have the correct card is not necessary?
  • ... pay the entire fee of £1,330.00 again. Is that what you are going to be doing?

rely1458
United Kingdom

Post by rely1458 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:15 pm

@nadworks PR is backdated to when you actually qualify for permanent residency, so it depends on when you apply for it. They normally send a letter along with the PR card, stating when you actually acquired permanent residency (which is most likely much earlier than the date they issued the PR card itself).

So if you qualified for PR - let's say - in June 2015, but you apply for it in June 2016, you will receive your PR card and a letter stating that you qualified for PR in June 2015 and you can apply for British citizenship one year from that date. You may not necessarily have to wait in that case.

nadworks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by nadworks » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:24 am

Interesting - so if I qualified in March 2002 but only applied in July 2018, I can apply for naturalisation immediately upon receipt of the card. Correct?

Syphax
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Syphax » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi i have the same problem ,my application was refused back in 2015 and they didn't send me back the tests .i am about to apply again next month and i ma facing a dilemma ,I've heard a conflicting version of what to do now...someone advised me to submit an application and just mention the fact that they kept the tests, and another one told me that i should just do the tests again ,pls if someone can help me what to do, would be much appreciated ,thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:31 pm

It is standard practice for the Home Office to withhold the LITUK result for ILR applicants, because the only use the LITUK test has is for ILR and UK citizenship applications. ILR applicants who have submitted an LITUK result for ILR do not need to submit another one with the naturalisation application as the LITUK result submitted earlier is on the Home Office records.

I would not be surprised if the Home Office is applying the same logic by analogy for refused naturalisation applications of people with PR and withholding the LITUK result, as the LITUK result is then on the Home Office record in case of reapplication.
nadworks wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:24 am
Interesting - so if I qualified in March 2002 but only applied in July 2018, I can apply for naturalisation immediately upon receipt of the card. Correct?
Correct. You need to have held PR status, not necessarily the PR card, for at least a year.

Of course, you will not only need to prove that you had exercised treaty rights for five continuous years before March 2002, you will also need to prove that you have not been absent from the UK for a period of more than two years since you acquired PR in March 2002 (which would have led to the loss of PR status).
Syphax wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:30 pm
Hi i have the same problem ,my application was refused back in 2015 and they didn't send me back the tests .i am about to apply again next month and i ma facing a dilemma ,I've heard a conflicting version of what to do now...someone advised me to submit an application and just mention the fact that they kept the tests, and another one told me that i should just do the tests again ,pls if someone can help me what to do, would be much appreciated ,thanks
Give how long you have left it for reapplication (three years), there is a chance that the record of your earlier LITUK results may have been deleted. Therefore, it may be better to err on the side of caution and retake the test.

If you reapplied within a year of your refusal, I would have suggested that you do not need to retake the test.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Syphax
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Syphax » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:40 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:31 pm
It is standard practice for the Home Office to withhold the LITUK result for ILR applicants, because the only use the LITUK test has is for ILR and UK citizenship applications. ILR applicants who have submitted an LITUK result for ILR do not need to submit another one with the naturalisation application as the LITUK result submitted earlier is on the Home Office records.

I would not be surprised if the Home Office is applying the same logic by analogy for refused naturalisation applications of people with PR and withholding the LITUK result, as the LITUK result is then on the Home Office record in case of reapplication.
nadworks wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:24 am
Correct. You need to have held PR status, not necessarily the PR card, for at least a year.

Of course, you will not only need to prove that you had exercised treaty rights for five continuous years before March 2002, you will also need to prove that you have not been absent from the UK for a period of more than two years since you acquired PR in March 2002 (which would have led to the loss of PR status).
Syphax wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:30 pm
Give how long you have left it for reapplication (three years), there is a chance that the record of your earlier LITUK results may have been deleted. Therefore, it may be better to err on the side of caution and retake the test.

If you reapplied within a year of your refusal, I would have suggested that you do not need to retake the test.
Thanks for the reply, i wasn't eligible to apply till September of this year ,i was thinking to submit my application on the 1st of Septembre ,so proof of my refusal letter is not enough for them to show that i did pass both test in 2015.

Cory_cionvica
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cory_cionvica » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:36 am

nadworks wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:01 pm
I hope you can sort it out. That's outrageous that they didn't return the original test result. Have you tried contacting the place where you took the test? You should be in their system. Maybe they can issue a new result certificate?

When my application was rejected (for the same reason, btw. - wrong residency card), I at least received the original LIUK test result piece of paper back.

However, just out of interest: you said you applied last September with the wrong residency card and now have the correct one, EEA(PR) I assume. You officially have to...
  • ... be in possession of the Permanent Residency card EEA(PR) for at least one year until you can apply for citizenship. Have you been advised that waiting another year now that you have the correct card is not necessary?
  • ... pay the entire fee of £1,330.00 again. Is that what you are going to be doing?
I accuaired the permanent residence in 2013 so I can now apply straight away and yes pay the entire fee again 😭😭
I did the test long long time ago I believe 2007/2007 I can’t remember even the place where I went I tried to look into my emails for some sort of confirmation but I couldn’t find anything. I have now envolved my MP so I will probably wait for another week to see what happens otherwise I guess I will just have to book the test again 😓

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:03 pm

That’s strange , I have requested using the return documents form and I receive it within 9 working days . Why you don’t try to send email to the home office with the car ID and with the request reference number ?

Baba80
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Baba80 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:10 pm

Hello everyone,
First let me say a big thank for the inestimable value of first hand advice shared on this platform. Please , I need help . My appointment is in 2weeks at Croydon and I can’t seems to find my Life in Uk test certificate. As some people have said I think it wasn’t returned to me when I applied for my FLM extension over 2yrs ago What do I do now ?

trilobite1981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by trilobite1981 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:06 am

Baba80 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:10 pm
Hello everyone,
First let me say a big thank for the inestimable value of first hand advice shared on this platform. Please , I need help . My appointment is in 2weeks at Croydon and I can’t seems to find my Life in Uk test certificate. As some people have said I think it wasn’t returned to me when I applied for my FLM extension over 2yrs ago What do I do now ?
I was in the same situation and just before the NDRS appointment I found my lost LITUK test results. Mean time I spoke with the HO and they advised me to send a covering letter with an explanation. I prepared a letter with the information when & where I took the test (you should have a confirmation email when you made the LITUK test appointment - search your emails) and confirmed that I have used the same results when I applied for my ILR (as I said I didnt have to submit that letter). Dont freak out, they have scanned copies of your previously submitted documents. This wouldnt effect your application.

Baba80
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Baba80 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:24 am

Thank you so much .