ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension application to 10 year ILR route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abdulwaqas786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 1 Extension application to 10 year ILR route

Post by abdulwaqas786 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi all,

The is first time I am posting in this forum but I was silent viewer of this excellent forum from last few years. I need some information regarding 10 year long residence. Actually, I applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension April 2017 and gave interview in November 2017 but my application is still with home office. I have few questions so that I can make valid ILR application because my 10 year is going to complete in August 2018 (next month).

1. Can I apply for ILR 28 days before my actual 10 years.... if not then when I can apply?
2. Kindly let me know what documents /check list if any I need to support my application

Information below is also related to my application (background) and if some expert like casa, zimba etc. would comment on this I will really appreciate this.

During my 1st extension, Home office return my application (I am not sure....actually did not remember if they return the whole the application or just send me the invalid letter) with invalid letter when I applied my 1st (student) extension in April 2010. According to HO letter there was not enough money in my bank account although it was.
I again send my application but even after one week of my application they did not took any money. I spoke to my bank twice and they said to me nobody try to take any money from my account. I called the home office and told them that I have spoken to my bank and enough money in my account but you still did not take any money (also mention what happen last time with my application). Next day the took the money from my account.

Home Office again send (just) my passport (gave me approx. 14/28 days in same or following month because I did not sign on last page of my passport. Unluckily my passport was also going to expire in July 2010 so I applied for new passport and post my passport I think last day of deadline then I got my visa in October 2010.

My question is regarding the above situation....

1. Is there any break in my 10 year long residence period?

Kindly mentioned me & adjust the topic if I am not posting in right area because I try me best to do it.

Regards,
Waqas

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Extension application to 10 year ILR route

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:23 pm

abdulwaqas786 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:13 pm

The is first time I am posting in this forum but I was silent viewer of this excellent forum from last few years. I need some information regarding 10 year long residence. Actually, I applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension April 2017 and gave interview in November 2017 but my application is still with home office. I have few questions so that I can make valid ILR application because my 10 year is going to complete in August 2018 (next month).

1. Can I apply for ILR 28 days before my actual 10 years.... if not then when I can apply?
Yes, you can.
abdulwaqas786 wrote:

2. Kindly let me know what documents /check list if any I need to support my application
Read the SET (LR) guidance.https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-setlr

abdulwaqas786 wrote:
My question is regarding the above situation....

1. Is there any break in my 10 year long residence period?
If you were in the UK the whole time, then no
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

abdulwaqas786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by abdulwaqas786 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:39 am

Thanks marcnath for your reply.

Can I also vary my application if I am applying 28 days before for ILR (actually my friend told me that If your application is still with Home Office then I can not very my application)? Kindly give your expert opinion.

Time period when I was not in the UK and I hope it will be okay. kindly comment if I am wrong.
In 2011- I was out for 5 weeks
In 2012- I was out for 4 weeks
In 2014- I was out for 6 weeks
&
In 2014- I was out for 5 weeks
In 2015- I was out for 5 weeks

Regards,
Waqas

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 am

abdulwaqas786 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:39 am

Can I also vary my application if I am applying 28 days before for ILR (actually my friend told me that If your application is still with Home Office then I can not very my application)? Kindly give your expert opinion.

Time period when I was not in the UK and I hope it will be okay. kindly comment if I am wrong.
&

Regards,
Waqas
I wonder when your friend thinks an application can be varied - before it gets to home office ?

By definition, there has to be a valid applicaiton in process with HO in order to vary. Otherwise there is nothing to vary.

The absences seem fine
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 am

abdulwaqas786 wrote:

&

Regards,
Waqas

You can only Vary by Post and not at PSC.

abdulwaqas786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by abdulwaqas786 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks again marcnath.

According to my friend, I can very my application after actual (full) 10 years but can't very 28 days before. That's why I was confused but after your reply I am happy and will be applying next week.

Also thanks Jazz2007 for your reply.

Regards,
Waqas

abdulwaqas786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by abdulwaqas786 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi All Gurus,

I applied my SET(LR) by post on 24 July 2018 after trying one week to book premium service appointment anywhere in the UK but could not get a single slot.

Is there any possibility of upgrading to premium service after applying by post. If there any, how can I do it and what is the avg. time frame for these type of applications.

Regards,
Waqas

abdulwaqas786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by abdulwaqas786 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:13 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 am
abdulwaqas786 wrote:

&

Regards,
Waqas
I wonder when your friend thinks an application can be varied - before it gets to home office ?

By definition, there has to be a valid applicaiton in process with HO in order to vary. Otherwise there is nothing to vary.

The absences seem fine
Hi marcnath,

I applied my SET(LR) by post on 24 July 2018 (&HO debit visa fee yesterday) after trying one week to book premium service appointment anywhere in the UK but could not get a single slot.

Is there any possibility of upgrading to premium service after applying by post. If there any, how can I do it and what is the avg. time frame for these type of applications.

Regards,
Waqas

abdulwaqas786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Urgent help....Upgrading ILR application to premium service

Post by abdulwaqas786 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:49 am

Hi All,

I applied my SET(LR) application this week and want quick visa due to my family circumstances. Can I upgrade to premium service now? If yes then kindly share the details with me, thanks.

Regards,
Waqas

space265

Post by space265 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:54 am

Hello Waqas
I am in the same boat.I applied via same route on 26th june 2018.Got email reply on 16th june , 2018 with case ID.Did call UKVI and they said it takes 4 to 6 weeks to generate Biom letter.I am also trying to find out if i can upgrade after my Biomatric.

abdulwaqas786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by abdulwaqas786 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi Space,

Did not remember but if I have seen it here or may be heard from someone that upgrade is possible. Due to my limited info. I think forum gurus or someone who have done this can guide us. thanks for sharing your experience.