ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Dependent Swtiching to Tier 1 ()

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjum70

Student Dependent Swtiching to Tier 1 ()

Post by anjum70 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi

I am currently in the UK as a student dependent on my husband Student Visa. I now qualify for Tier 1 (HSMP) and intend to apply in Augest 08.

Could someone throw light on the new rules for switiching from student dependant visa to Tier 1 under new rules that is :

1.Whether i have to file or apply my application from UK or i have to go back to india and apply from there in Tier 1 catagory, as currently i am on student dependent visa ?

2.Suppose,If i can apply from UK in Tier1, will i get entry clearance from UK itself or have to go back to get entry clearance under new rules in Tier 1?

Help and Guidance on this will be much appreciated.

Look forward to hear from you!!!!!!!!

Thanks in Adavnce ,

Anjum

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:51 pm

Read the guidance notes.
________
Ferrari 328 Specifications
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anjum70

Post by anjum70 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:31 pm

Thanks for the reply

where the guidance notes ?

as student dependent should i apply from uk or india tier1

thanks

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 am

In the days of HSMP you could have applied for HSMP from within UK, but not sure if you can / cannot do so under the new Tier 1 scheme. Suggest you email/call BIA helpline.

As for EC, as a dependent you will not be able to switch to tier 1 visa from within UK even if you are allowed to apply for Tier 1 scheme from within UK. You will have to travel back to your home country and apply for EC from there. This wasn't allowed even during the HSMP days.

You will find the guidance notes on the BIA website: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... sedsystem/

regards

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:50 am

How do you know you qualify if you haven't seen the guidance notes?
________
Uhwh
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:15 am

You will find the guideline notes wherever you would have read about HSMP.

Applying HSMP has no dependency on your current visa status. If you are in position to claim requisite 75 points then you are eligible to apply.

All approved applicants will have to go to their home country to apply for EC. Guidelines states, they allow EC application being made at visiting country only in EXCEPTIONAL circumstances.

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:44 am

rajesh9pl wrote:You will find the guideline notes wherever you would have read about HSMP.

Applying HSMP has no dependency on your current visa status. If you are in position to claim requisite 75 points then you are eligible to apply.

All approved applicants will have to go to their home country to apply for EC. Guidelines states, they allow EC application being made at visiting country only in EXCEPTIONAL circumstances.
I had a frnd who did this way.

anjum70

Post by anjum70 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:45 pm

I have read the guildlines it mention that u can switch from student to tier 1 but did not mention anything about student dependent in UK .Is this the student and student dependent fall in same catogary if we are applying for swtiching to TIER 1 within UK as i went TIER 1 Calculator and i do make my points..

Little confused whether i can apply from uk or india and I do understand now that if i get APPROVAL then i have to go back to india for EC

Thanks once again for the great responses and hope u will throw more light on this

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:01 pm

Found this on the BIA website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ouldapply/
"You should fill in the application form if you are in the United Kingdom and want to make an initial application for the Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker category".

I would still suggest that you check with BIA by calling them / emailing them whether you can send in your Tier 1 application for approval from within UK. Also mention that you understand that you will need to travel to home country for EC - so that they do not get confused as to whether your query is related to filing an Tier 1 application or leave to remain application from within UK.

regards