ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with excessive absences

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jawad
Newly Registered

ILR with excessive absences

Post by Jawad » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:34 pm

hi,

I am a workpermit holder and came to u.k on 19th April 2001. My job is related with telecommunication and I am working as a consultant. My company is based in u.k but it undertakes various telecommunication consultancy projects both within UK and globally.

Due to the nature of consultancy business I spent last 3 years outside u.k on different overseas projects. I was in u.k in the first year.However during this whole time,

A-) I am a tax payer .
B-) My job is continous with my company
C-) I visted u.k once in 3 months
D-) I have the rented accomodation

I would like to know that

A-) what are my chances getting the ILR?
B-) will it be wise to disclose my excessive absences to the home office? I can show supporting letters for my overseas projects.

kalayami ! can you please comment on my ILR case?

regards

Jawad

NMSheikh
Newly Registered

Post by NMSheikh » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:58 pm

Hi Jawad,

Don't worry mate.

I am aware of many very similar cases. My friends, telecom consultants, employed with a UK company. Deputed on overseas project have obtained ILR without ANY problem. You will be relaxed by knowing that (i) absence from UK was around 800 days in 4 years (ii) at many occasions absence were much more than 3 months (iii) did not pay the taxes as they declared themselves as NT (non tax payers) due to long expected absence from UK.

You should declare all the facts and must not hide any thing. Most important would be a strong letter from your employer stating that you are in their employment and your job nature demanded your prolonged absences from the UK etc. etc.

I am positive you will not have any problem as you are in much better position.

Good luck

Jawad
Newly Registered

Post by Jawad » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:38 pm

thanks for the guidance Mr sheikh..it definitely built my confidence...

anyone else who had similar case and would like to share his/her experience???

regards
jawad