ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMp Dependant Visa Fee

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hari15
Member of Standing

HSMp Dependant Visa Fee

Post by hari15 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:50 am

I am highly confused with Fee for HSMP Dependant Visa (in India). Can anybody clarify pls

I am a HSMP holder working in Uk for 3+ years getting married in India by this May

when I enquired VFS by mail they told it is Rs.16,000 but when my father went to take Bankers check in Standard Charted Bank they told 16,000 is not the Fee for any type of UK Visa (as Visa fees have changed recently) and they told they cant give Banker's check for that amount

So whats the actual fee for HSMP dependant in India? Can anybody pls clarify

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Check the VFS website at www.vfs-uk.co.in

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:57 am

Hi hsmpinuk70, Thanks for the link

I have already seen that

But the Fee for HSMP dependant is unclear in that

They have given Fee for

Tier 1 General - Dependant
PBS Tier 1 transitional fee for holder of HSMP approval letters (India only) and their dependants

But nowhere they mentioned about Dependants of existing HSMP Visa holders who got it already approved and living in UK. Hence the confusion

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:21 pm

I think in your case it will be Tier 1 dependent fee. Best that you check again with VFS.

regards

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:34 am

I am in the same boat...We never tried by going to bank, but I just got a confusion by seeing the visa fee section on the vfs website...

I called them and enquired and they confirmed me that it is 17000 INR only...

There is no reason why we need to come under Tier 1 section as we are not holding Tier 1 visa...

What you all reckon

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:37 am

Yes..I am in same boat..We r expecting our child soon..I had a look at VFS website..I am under HSMP, so will apply for HSMP dependent visa...
So ONLY 17000 :)

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:56 am

ashishashah wrote:Yes..I am in same boat..We r expecting our child soon..I had a look at VFS website..I am under HSMP, so will apply for HSMP dependent visa...
So ONLY 17000 :)
Thats what i think....but anyone recently applied for dependent visa after 1st April 2008.....

kck9
BANNED

Re: HSMp Dependant Visa Fee

Post by kck9 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:58 am

hari15 wrote:I am highly confused with Fee for HSMP Dependant Visa (in India). Can anybody clarify pls

I am a HSMP holder working in Uk for 3+ years getting married in India by this May

when I enquired VFS by mail they told it is Rs.16,000 but when my father went to take Bankers check in Standard Charted Bank they told 16,000 is not the Fee for any type of UK Visa (as Visa fees have changed recently) and they told they cant give Banker's check for that amount

Hello Hari I think it is best if you pay directly in VFS instead of going to Standard Charted bank....If you pay 100 rupees extra, I think they can accept cash...why cant you try that way....

My wife application/documents are not yet ready, thats y I am waiting for it....

Let me know the progress

Bye

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:14 pm

kck9 wrote:
hari15 wrote:I am highly confused with Fee for HSMP Dependant Visa (in India). Can anybody clarify pls

Hello Hari I think it is best if you pay directly in VFS instead of going to Standard Charted bank....If you pay 100 rupees extra, I think they can accept cash...why cant you try that way....

My wife application/documents are not yet ready, thats y I am waiting for it....

Let me know the progress

Bye
Thanks kck

Your idea is best.

I have appointmentment for my wife in VFS on 9th May 2 Pm, Do I need to pay the fee in Bank over there before the appointment time or do need to pay at the time of application at 2 PM?

The form iss still VAF-2 no? or any change in that?

again in VAF-2 form I have some confusion

what should I fill in "Current finances and employment" section 6.4 of VAF-2?

As the main applicant is my wife and not me, I am quite confused on whether to fill my wife's employment & income detail (as house wife) or my income details

Can you please throw some light on it?

many thanks

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:09 pm

hari15 wrote: Thanks kck

Your idea is best.

I have appointmentment for my wife in VFS on 9th May 2 Pm, Do I need to pay the fee in Bank over there before the appointment time or do need to pay at the time of application at 2 PM?

As the main applicant is my wife and not me, I am quite confused on whether to fill my wife's employment & income detail (as house wife) or my income details

many thanks
Hello Hari,
nice to see your reply. I am not too sure how you need to pay or where you need to pay. I was told by vfs team that I can pay directly. But I am not too sure when and where to pay...

Regarding the form even my idea is too little for that and I haven't come to that situation yet... I was just in a process of accumulating whole docs...

I will try to find from some of my friends, but pls update me the progress..

Thank you

jsmith123
Newly Registered

Post by jsmith123 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:09 pm

kck9 wrote:
hari15 wrote: Thanks kck

Your idea is best.

many thanks
Hello Hari,
nice to see your reply. I am not too sure how you need to pay or where you need to pay. I was told by vfs team that I can pay directly. But I am not too sure when and where to pay...

Regarding the form even my idea is too little for that and I haven't come to that situation yet... I was just in a process of accumulating whole docs...

I will try to find from some of my friends, but pls update me the progress..

Thank you
Hi KCK9 I had sent a PM yesterday. Please check that in your private messages and get back to me. Thanks

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:54 am

My Marriage is on next week, Next week I need to leave to India for marriage. But still I am not clear about this issue.

I have put 2 mails to vfs south last week But no response.

In desperation to get clarity today I have put mails to vfs-west and vfs-north

I hope somebody should reply atleast within this week. I couldnt able to call vfs help line number from UK, I think I can call that only from India.

I can make everything clear once I reach India. But I really dont wanted to do things in last minute. I wanted to make the application and Fee ready before entering vfs for application.

Also by any chance if my wife come under Tier-1 Dependant Arranging near Rs. 48000 in last minute will become difficult. Thats the main reason I want some clarity before I leave UK next week for marriage

If anybody have any news about HSMP Dependant Visa pls share.

Many thanks

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:17 am

Hello Hari,

Why cant you call VFS from UK. I called them from UK and many times they told me that for the candidates who are already on HSMP, they come under transitional arrangement.

Even my situation is the same. So I think we all come under PBS Tier 1 transitional arrangement. They told me that the fee will be 17000 INR only...

Couple of times they told me that we have to make VAF2 application only. But I was just waiting for my documents to get ready and once it is done, I should be able to start the process. But before that I was just trying to gather some information if someone made HSMP dependant application recently to get the exact idea....

Hope this helps...keep me updated with your progress
Thank you

robinpaul78
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visa Fee Increased

Post by robinpaul78 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:24 pm

The Visa fees have changed with effect from 14th April 2008.
Now a Tier I dependent (or HSMP dependent) needs to shell out 51K ;(

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/visafees.aspx

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:50 am

kck9 wrote:Hello Hari,

Why cant you call VFS from UK. I called them from UK and many times they told me that for the candidates who are already on HSMP, they come under transitional arrangement.

Even my situation is the same. So I think we all come under PBS Tier 1 transitional arrangement. They told me that the fee will be 17000 INR only...

Couple of times they told me that we have to make VAF2 application only. But I was just waiting for my documents to get ready and once it is done, I should be able to start the process. But before that I was just trying to gather some information if someone made HSMP dependant application recently to get the exact idea....

Hope this helps...keep me updated with your progress
Thank you
many thanks for your reply

I hope you have called VFS after 14th april no?

How did you called VFS help line from UK

its number is (080) 40084008

when I dialled 009180400084008 it never gets the line

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: Visa Fee Increased

Post by hari15 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:51 am

robinpaul78 wrote:The Visa fees have changed with effect from 14th April 2008.
Now a Tier I dependent (or HSMP dependent) needs to shell out 51K ;(

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/visafees.aspx
I think its not for HSMP dependant. it should be Rs.17000 (PBS Tier 1 transitional fee for holder of HSMP approval letters (India only) and their dependants ) even as per new changes.

kck9
BANNED

Re: Visa Fee Increased

Post by kck9 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:16 am

hari15 wrote: I think its not for HSMP dependant. it should be Rs.17000 (PBS Tier 1 transitional fee for holder of HSMP approval letters (India only) and their dependants ) even as per new changes.
yes hari, u r right...thats what i have been told by VFS when i called after 14th April that the fees for Old HSMP approval is 17000INR. Lets hope for the best....
hari15 wrote: many thanks for your reply

I hope you have called VFS after 14th april no?

How did you called VFS help line from UK

its number is (080) 40084008

when I dialled 009180400084008 it never gets the line
by the way the number to dial VFS is 00918040084008, it is the normal way you need to follow to make international calls...hope this helps

robinpaul78
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visa Fees

Post by robinpaul78 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Even i hope it remains 17K....
I am planing to apply for my wife's dependent visa on 20th May...
Will post how it went through...

kck9
BANNED

Re: Visa Fees

Post by kck9 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:40 pm

robinpaul78 wrote:Even i hope it remains 17K....
I am planing to apply for my wife's dependent visa on 20th May...
Will post how it went through...
cheers good luck

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:43 am

Hi,

I am a HSMP holder, working in UK. I am planning to apply for my wife's dependent visa. Last time when I called VFS, they told that form VAF2 has to be filled. today, when my wife called them up, they told her to fill VAF10. Can any one please confirm which form to be filled?

Thanks
Vikram

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:00 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:Hi,

I am a HSMP holder, working in UK. I am planning to apply for my wife's dependent visa. Last time when I called VFS, they told that form VAF2 has to be filled. today, when my wife called them up, they told her to fill VAF10. Can any one please confirm which form to be filled?

Thanks
Vikram
Hello Vikram,
I spoke to them last week and they said it is VAF2. But this week again I called to confirm and they said "we are not sure whether it is VAF2 or VAF10, we will inform you as soon as possible". But there was no call after that... i will try to find that in this week and update you all. But if you have any info, pls lemme know
Thnx

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:10 pm

kck9 wrote:

Thanks
Vikram
Hello Vikram,
I spoke to them last week and they said it is VAF2. But this week again I called to confirm and they said "we are not sure whether it is VAF2 or VAF10, we will inform you as soon as possible". But there was no call after that... i will try to find that in this week and update you all. But if you have any info, pls lemme know
Thnx
Hi Kck,
I still couldnt able to contact that helpline number from UK. Tried from both landline and mobile. the call is not going at all dont know whats wrong with my phones.

00918040084008 is not working at all from my phones

If the form Changes from VAF-2 to VAF10 then is there is any possibility for Fee also to change? Because VAF10 is PBS Dependant form . Can you please confirm this

Thanks

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi,

The number you are trying is perfectly right. I have called on teh same no few times.

These ppl are making really confusing statements. I am planning to apply for my wife's visa next week and dont even know which form to fill :(

hope they sort out things soon and let all of us know.

Vikram

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:58 pm

The number you are trying is perfectly right. I have called on teh same no few times.

These ppl are making really confusing statements. I am planning to apply for my wife's visa next week and dont even know which form to fill :(

hope they sort out things soon and let all of us know.

Vikram
I sugguest you to make both the forms ready and fill them as per the requirement. Also be prepared for both the fees ranges. If possible try to email them, so that if they can reply your email, you will be having some confirmation when you go there to submit the application. I emailed them, but I never received any reply at all. Have u people received any email confirmation, if so please forward.

Thank you

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 am

Finally I got the line.
They told as Visa fee is 17,000 (For those who are in HSMP and doesnt switched to Tier1 in extension)

and Form as VAF-10

I asked again whether its VAF2 or VAF10 they again told as VAF10

anyone reconfirm this by calling VFS and confirm again pls

They also added that Bank balance should be minimum 1600£ (This can be shown by combination of both Husband's and Wife's bank account if needed)

thanks