ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question??/

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kuri
Newly Registered

Question??/

Post by Kuri » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:02 am

Just wanted to ask has anyone submitted a spouse visa application recently, if so how long is it before u heard anything?

I submitted my husbands application on 27th March, at the time they told us to enquire within 7 days, since then wen we call back they always say enquire after 2-3 days. I have checked the website and it just says Application Forwarded...
I just wanted to know if anyone else is in same situtaion...

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:46 pm

In Home Office terms you submitted your application 5 minutes ago.

It might take a while longer than 7 days depending on a wide range of things.

Provided that everything is in order and there are no outstanding issues you might get a favourable reply soon.

I wouldn't keep chasing it every other day though. Give it another another month or so.
Oh, the drama...!

Kuri
Newly Registered

Post by Kuri » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:07 pm

Thnks 4 replying back

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:14 pm

they told us to enquire within 7 days
It depends where you have submitted your application as well as the supporting documents provided. It could take any time between a day and up to 10weeks.

Kuri
Newly Registered

Post by Kuri » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:20 pm

I Submitted my application in Islambad, and I mostly had everything in my supporting evidence, i was just a bit worried as people said they let you know within 10 days... anhws all i can do is wait..

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:20 am

Kuri,

If it wasn't in the UK (which will teach me to make assumptions) then you should certainly not have to wait another month.

I'd follow the local visa section's instructions about checking just to be on the safe side.
Oh, the drama...!

Kuri
Newly Registered

Post by Kuri » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:16 pm

jei2, i got my husband to phone today they told him to call back in another 2 days... thats what they keep saying, I don't really understand y its taking so long as im 99% sure that all my paperwork is sound...

gone try agin in a few days but i dounbt i have any news!

Thanks for replying back!