ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language & Qualification clarification for Tier

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

powerontop
Newly Registered

English Language & Qualification clarification for Tier

Post by powerontop » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi,
I am planning to apply for Tier 1 next week of april and when going thru form VAF9A &B, I came across this confusion. Hoping I will be guided in this matter.

1. Can I now(in Tier 1) show my MCA from Madurai Kamraj University done in Mumbai via Distance Learning as Masters Qualification. I believe in HSMP it was allowed to show only Bachelor degree in qualification. Is MCA now a valid qualification?
2. Can I show Medium of Instruction cert. from MKU as proof. OR for that I have to show my Mumbai University Medium of Instruction cert which is for Bachelor.
The reason I ask is in section 6.5 of VAF9A, it say as below

6.5 If you hold a degree that was taught in English and is equivalent to at least a UK Bachelors degree you can claim 10 points.
Please provide details:

Does this mean only Bachelor degree's MOI certification is valid. Please guide I am very confused and afraid.

Thanks.

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:45 pm

I am not sure if distant learning counts or not but now, you can use any qualification (degree) that was taught in English. So bachelors, masters, PhD all are allowed as long as they appear on the online tool or you get a letter from NARIC for your degree stating the degree is at least a bachelor level and is taught in English.