ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Self Employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naturalised
Newly Registered
Pakistan

FLR(M) Self Employment

Post by Naturalised » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:16 am

I plan to apply for my spouse ILR based on a 5 year route next month. I wanted to get some clarity on the FM requirements and see how best I can satisfy them.

I have been employed through put my professional career and only recently in Feb 2018 moved into self employment and have registered with HMRC.

If I apply in Aug; I will need to show 2017/18 Self assessment paperwork but the 12 month bank statement will show 10 month of salary (Apr 2017 to Jan 2018) and then 2 month of self employment income (Feb 2018 to March 2018). My reading of the guidance notes shows that I can't combine my previous employment as it has to be on-going and in the same financial year. The latter is not an issue but clearly it is not an ongoing employment as I left it to be self employed. My P45 however clearly shows that I earned more than the required income threshold.

I can also evidence on-going self employment which will show that I had incomings since April 2018 to date which already cover the minimum income thereshold.

Am I ok following this approach of showing 2017/18 Self assessment paperwork as required and ongoing self employment. I hope it is not the case that a self employed person would need to go through an entire tax year before they can apply. This would seem ridiculous and more importantly in my case my spouse visa expires in Dec so I would never be able to cover a tax year before her visa expiry date.

Any thoughts or anyone who has applied as self employed to cover FM requirement where they were recently in that employment status.