ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement photos returned

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

riyazcalsoft
Newly Registered

Marriage Certificate

Post by riyazcalsoft » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:26 pm

I am Hindu and British. I live in the UK. I recently married to Indian girl in India. How do I get a marriage certificate?

Do I need to follow Hindu Marriage Act to get marriage certificate or follow process of Special Marriage Act in India?

Please advise urgently.

Bathory
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage Certificate

Post by Bathory » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:03 pm

You will likey need to contact the original registrar's office, and apply for duplicate copy of the certificate.

Contact the registrar, and they will tell you how to proceed.

riyazcalsoft
Newly Registered

Post by riyazcalsoft » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:18 am

I don’t need duplicate certificate as I haven’t registered Marriage yet. I am married as per Hindu rituals and now need to apply for marriage certificate to bring my wife here.

Bathory
Newly Registered

Post by Bathory » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:31 pm

See the following from the India government website.

You may want to still consider contacting the local registrar for additional information. :idea:

https://archive.india.gov.in/howdo/howdoi.php?service=3
Under the Hindu Marriage Act:

Parties to the marriage have to apply to the Registrar in whose jurisdiction the marriage is solemnised or to the Registrar in whose jurisdiction either party to the marriage has been residing at least for six months immediately preceding the date of marriage. Both the parties have to appear before the Registrar along with their parents or guardians or other witnesses within one month from the date of marriage. There is a provision for condonation of delay up to 5 years, by the Registrar, and thereafter by the District Registrar concerned.

riyazcalsoft
Newly Registered

Help of settlement priority visa

Post by riyazcalsoft » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi,

I am British Citizen. I am applying for my wife’s settlement Visa from India. She is coming to UK first time.

I can see from VFS website that there is priority service. However I can only see that I need to make a payment for priority application.

I do not see anywhere in the application mentioned to consider this application as priority.

Please can you advise if that’s correct? I just need to pay fee for priority application and then it will be considered as priority? No need to mention on the application form.

Imi21
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Help of settlement priority visa

Post by Imi21 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:00 am

riyazcalsoft wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:07 pm
Hi,

I am British Citizen. I am applying for my wife’s settlement Visa from India. She is coming to UK first time.

I can see from VFS website that there is priority service. However I can only see that I need to make a payment for priority application.

I do not see anywhere in the application mentioned to consider this application as priority.

Please can you advise if that’s correct? I just need to pay fee for priority application and then it will be considered as priority? No need to mention on the application form.
Yes you just need to pay the fees for the priority, and when you send the documents "should be clearly labelled on the envelope stating the word “priority” at the side of the GWF number"

riyazcalsoft
Newly Registered

Information required on financial documents

Post by riyazcalsoft » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:58 am

Hi,

I am applying for my wife's settlement Visa from India. This is first time she is travelling to UK. As per appendix I need to provide financial evidence.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... endix2.pdf

The point 3.12 is

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)

-- I am working with same employer for last 3 years but obviously my salary was different each year. My salary was increased in April, 2018. Hence I am not earning same amount for last 6 months. Do I need to mention anything specifically for this? My salary is different for last 2 months, but I am with same employer.

Please advise.

riyazcalsoft
Newly Registered

Re: Information required on financial documents

Post by riyazcalsoft » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:53 am

Hi,

Please can anyone advise on this?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Information required on financial documents

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:30 am

riyazcalsoft wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:58 am
Hi,

I am applying for my wife's settlement Visa from India. This is first time she is travelling to UK. As per appendix I need to provide financial evidence.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... endix2.pdf

The point 3.12 is

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)

-- I am working with same employer for last 3 years but obviously my salary was different each year. My salary was increased in April, 2018. Hence I am not earning same amount for last 6 months. Do I need to mention anything specifically for this? My salary is different for last 2 months, but I am with same employer.

Please advise.
If you are earning fixed wages then should state the current wages in 3.11 while mentioning the increase in wages in employer letter & may mention in additional info section too. As you told that your wages has been varying from the last 2 months so if it remained identical in previous 4 months then more likely HO will pick the lowest wages figure during the last 6 months.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

riyazcalsoft
Newly Registered

Settlement photos returned

Post by riyazcalsoft » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi,

I submitted documents and photos of my wife to Sheffield office for family settlement Visa. She has applied from India.

I have received all documents back including her photos. Is it normal that they send photos back? I thought they might be keeping photos with them?

Please advise.

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Re: Settlement photos returned

Post by arfinkhan128 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 pm

Receiving photos back is absolutely normal.
Everyone receives there photos back