ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Visa and renewing passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robdylan

EC Visa and renewing passport

Post by robdylan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:04 am

Hi guys

I need to apply for a new SA passport, cos my current one is full. Obviously, I am worried about the implications for my Entry Clearance Visa. Two questions...

1) My current passport doesn't expire until 2013, even though it is full. Will this passport be retained, or canceled when I collect my new one?
2) Assuming my passport is canceled and handed back to me, will the current EC Visa still be valid even though the passport containing it has been canceled? Or do I need to apply for a new visa in my new passport?

Any info or advice would be much appreciated.

Rob

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:41 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:55 am

Rob,
Just one word of advise, SA Home Affairs will cancel your passport and strip you of your SA nationality, if you have been in the UK longer than 4 years and can not provide a letter from the BIA stating that you are not a British National.

They cancel you old passport by clipping the corner on receipt of your new passport.
Don't worry about transfering any current visa's in your old passport, just have it to hand, when entering UK or Schengang States, ect

Have fun at South Africa House!

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:37 pm

Siggi wrote:Rob,
Just one word of advise, SA Home Affairs will cancel your passport and strip you of your SA nationality, if you have been in the UK longer than 4 years and can not provide a letter from the BIA stating that you are not a British National.

They cancel you old passport by clipping the corner on receipt of your new passport.
Don't worry about transfering any current visa's in your old passport, just have it to hand, when entering UK or Schengang States, ect

Have fun at South Africa House!
Thanks for that. I have only been here a year, so hopefully this will be my last green mamba application, although at the rate I fill the buggers up, who knows!

I am dreading my trip to Trafalgar square on 16 May

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:48 pm

Good luck at SAH, remember to book a appointment or I think you can make a appointment electronically too. Certainly cheaper than £1/min. rip off :evil: