ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Card Received but Documents Not Returned!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samaraw29
Newly Registered
United States of America

BRP Card Received but Documents Not Returned!

Post by samaraw29 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 am

Hello,

I applied for SET(M) on 23rd May via post. Much to my surprise, I received my BRP settlement card less than a month later on 20th June! However, it's now been a month and I've yet to receive my original documents including my and my spouse's passports! Ive been told they would be returned within 10 working days but we're now far past that point. Anyone else come across this issue?? Is it possible that they've lost my documents?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: BRP Card Received but Documents Not Returned!

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:36 pm

samaraw29 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 am
Hello,

I applied for SET(M) on 23rd May via post. Much to my surprise, I received my BRP settlement card less than a month later on 20th June! However, it's now been a month and I've yet to receive my original documents including my and my spouse's passports! Ive been told they would be returned within 10 working days but we're now far past that point. Anyone else come across this issue?? Is it possible that they've lost my documents?
You can ask the HO if 10 working days passed, they are obligated to answer you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

samaraw29
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by samaraw29 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Thanks @cyclina1 - how do i go about asking them? I tried phoning the number on the HO site but they were unable to help with my inquiry.

S3TM
United Kingdom

Post by S3TM » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:15 pm

samaraw29 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 am
Hello,

Hi Samaraw29

I received my BRP on 20th August 2018 but didn't receive documents, so I emailed HO for the last 2 days asking if my documents have been posted. They replied today with an nice email and tracking number. Received documents today

I emailed - rodrequestsect@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but reply came from ukvisetm@homeoffice.gov.uk

Also, have you tried this - https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml

Good luck!