ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query for PBS Dependent Kid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jananj
Newly Registered
India

Doubts for my ILR - pls help

Post by jananj » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:21 am

Through 5 year route i am qualifying in August (can apply for ILR in July) for ILR. I have read discussions here. I have been out of the country for over 680 days in the last 5 years. I a dependent on PBS dependant visa and my husband got british passport last year. Since i am a PBS depndant am i really qualified for ILR even though i have been out of the country for 680 days for personal reasons ? In the form under the absenses section, should i fill in the absenses from UK that i took before 11 January 2018 since i started living in the UK ? or should i mention only the absense after 11 Jan 2018 ?
Reading continuous period guidance i understood PBS dependant dont have to include absense from the UK during periods of leave granted under the Rules in place before 11 January 2018 towards the 180 days allowable absences. Can you tell me if i have write down all the absenses since my entry into UK ? or should i mention only the absense after 11 Jan 2018 ?

I have a kid who was born in India. When he was born my husband was on Tier 1 visa. my kid is now on PBS dependant visa. After i get ILR i will be on ILR and since my husband a british, can i apply for british passport for my son directly without having to get ILR ?

i have 3 questions here. Some one help me with some guidance please.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Doubts for my ILR - pls help

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:18 pm

jananj wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:21 am
Through 5 year route i am qualifying in August (can apply for ILR in July) for ILR. I have read discussions here. I have been out of the country for over 680 days in the last 5 years. I a dependent on PBS dependant visa and my husband got british passport last year. Since i am a PBS depndant am i really qualified for ILR even though i have been out of the country for 680 days for personal reasons ? In the form under the absenses section, should i fill in the absenses from UK that i took before 11 January 2018 since i started living in the UK ? or should i mention only the absense after 11 Jan 2018 ? You should mention whole period you are in the UK.
Reading continuous period guidance i understood PBS dependant dont have to include absense from the UK during periods of leave granted under the Rules in place before 11 January 2018 towards the 180 days allowable absences. Can you tell me if i have write down all the absenses since my entry into UK ? or should i mention only the absense after 11 Jan 2018 ? Whole period but your absent before 11 Jan 2018 they won't count.

I have a kid who was born in India. When he was born my husband was on Tier 1 visa. my kid is now on PBS dependant visa. After i get ILR i will be on ILR and since my husband a british, can i apply for british passport for my son directly without having to get ILR ? No. Because he born before your husband got BC.

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

jananj
Newly Registered
India

Re: Doubts for my ILR - pls help

Post by jananj » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:37 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:18 pm
jananj wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:21 am
Through 5 year route i am qualifying in August (can apply for ILR in July) for ILR. I have read discussions here. I have been out of the country for over 680 days in the last 5 years. I a dependent on PBS dependant visa and my husband got british passport last year. Since i am a PBS depndant am i really qualified for ILR even though i have been out of the country for 680 days for personal reasons ? In the form under the absenses section, should i fill in the absenses from UK that i took before 11 January 2018 since i started living in the UK ? or should i mention only the absense after 11 Jan 2018 ? You should mention whole period you are in the UK.
Reading continuous period guidance i understood PBS dependant dont have to include absense from the UK during periods of leave granted under the Rules in place before 11 January 2018 towards the 180 days allowable absences. Can you tell me if i have write down all the absenses since my entry into UK ? or should i mention only the absense after 11 Jan 2018 ? Whole period but your absent before 11 Jan 2018 they won't count.

I have a kid who was born in India. When he was born my husband was on Tier 1 visa. my kid is now on PBS dependant visa. After i get ILR i will be on ILR and since my husband a british, can i apply for british passport for my son directly without having to get ILR ? No. Because he born before your husband got BC.

Thank you Cyclina1.

jananj
Newly Registered
India

ILR Query for PBS Dependent Kid

Post by jananj » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:55 pm

I have a kid who was born in India. When he was born my husband was on Tier 1 visa. Now my husband is a British and My kid is now on PBS dependent visa.
I am going to apply for ILR now. My son hasnt yet completed 5 years. He will have to go for another extension for 5 years to complete. We both are due extension on the same dates. I will complete 5 years and my son will not complete 5 years.

Question -
While i apply for ILR, can my son apply for ILR at the same time as well or should he have to wait until 5 years on PBS dependent visa to apply for ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Query for PBS Dependent Kid

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Topics Merged.

Your son can apply at the same time as you for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pmetliam
Newly Registered
India

Post by pmetliam » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:58 pm
Topics Merged.

CR001 - You are amazing. thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 pm

pmetliam wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:02 pm
CR001 wrote:
Topics Merged.

Why are you posting under 2 usernames?? This is not permitted on the forum.

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pmetliam
Newly Registered
India

Post by pmetliam » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 pm
pmetliam wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Topics Merged.

Administrator wrote:

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Unfortunately we both are different and we know each other but we are in the same situation. CR001 has responded to my husbands post in the past. CR001 has responded to me. CR001 is responding to my friend.
A thanks should not be mistaken. If you want to ban you can.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:29 pm

pmetliam wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:26 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 pm
pmetliam wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Topics Merged.

Administrator wrote:

The Admin
Unfortunately we both are different and we know each other but we are in the same situation. CR001 has responded to my husbands post in the past. CR001 has responded to me. CR001 is responding to my friend.
A thanks should not be mistaken. If you want to ban you can.
Kindly keep your questions in your own topic. The response you gave to my comment about ILR and Merged topics implies you are the same person posting under 2 usernames in THIS thread., which creates confusion!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jananj
Newly Registered
India

Post by jananj » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 am

With respect to this scenario -
I have a kid who was born in India. When he was born my husband was on Tier 1 visa. Now my husband is a British and My kid is now on PBS dependent visa.
I am going to apply for ILR now. My son hasnt yet completed 5 years. He will have to go for another extension for 5 years to complete. We both are due extension on the same dates. I will complete 5 years and my son will not complete 5 years.

Can me and my son apply ILR at the same time on the same form ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:00 am

jananj wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 am
With respect to this scenario -

Can me and my son apply ILR at the same time on the same form ?
Your son can apply with you for ILR if he is under 18. There is no 5 year minimum residence requirement for children.

This has already been answered above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jananj
Newly Registered
India

Post by jananj » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Hello -

I don't work and i don't earn.
In SET-O form under Section 12 there is something called as Finances. Can my husband bank statement be submitted here ?
And is he expected to sign the declaration as well for background checks ?

For the application fee, Can the payment details be my husband's as well for both of us?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Yes to all your last questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)