ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 to ILR: No change in job role for 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pbharg
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

T2 to ILR: No change in job role for 5 years

Post by pbharg » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:43 am

Hi,
I have been reading this forum from past few weeks and found it very useful in preparing my application of ILR via Tier2 route.
I am due for my ILR and have one query regarding the job role. My job title hasn't changed in last 5 years but the salary increased every 1 or 2 years and the last salary rise was in April 18. I am working for the same employer from last 7 years and being a small company they do not have more positions within the department (I have to do multiple jobs within the same title). I want to ask if there is any issue in my ILR application because the salary has increased but not the job title.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T2 to ILR: No change in job role for 5 years

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:44 am

I want to ask if there is any issue in my ILR application because the salary has increased but not the job title.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pbharg
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by pbharg » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:53 am

Thanks for the quick response.
Also the salary increment has not been updated in the SMS. Should this be a problem?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:54 am

Every salary increment should be updated as far as I am aware. Wait for others to respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:30 pm

pbharg wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:53 am
Thanks for the quick response.
Also the salary increment has not been updated in the SMS. Should this be a problem?
It depends... If your salary has been increased as part of annual salary review and most of your company employees have got salary increase due to annual salary review then this should be fine.

But if company has increased salary only for you due to role change or designation change then your company should have updated it thru sms

pbharg
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by pbharg » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi,
This year my salary has increased with everyone else in the company but last increment was only for me before the Tier2 ext and not reported to HO. Is there anything that I can do now or just hope for the best?
Thanks

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:20 pm

pbharg wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:46 pm
Hi,
This year my salary has increased with everyone else in the company but last increment was only for me before the Tier2 ext and not reported to HO. Is there anything that I can do now or just hope for the best?
Thanks
I think you are fine. No need to worry about previous years... this year has it been increased just to make you eligible for ILR ? of if its an increase to everyone and if it has been reported you should not be having any problem.

Basic idea behind this check by home office is to find the sudden spike in salary just before ILR to make the applicant eligible to ILR. I think you are fine.