ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding Ticket, but I've done Speed Awarness course. Do I declare as conviction?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lpoen
Newly Registered

Speeding Ticket, but I've done Speed Awarness course. Do I declare as conviction?

Post by lpoen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Hello all,

I hope one of you might be able to help me, I am filling out the online form to become a British citizen and there is a question about Convictions and other penalties

Few months ago I received a speeding ticket for going 9 miles over the limit on a dual carriageway. Instead of taking the points and paying the fine to the Police, I have opted to take the speed awareness course. This made me avoid the points and also I didn't have to pay the fine to the Police.

On the application, should I tic the box A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance or because I took the speed awareness course, and thus have no conviction on my record, should I leave the box unticked?

Any help will be massively appreciated.

Thank you

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Speeding Ticket, but I've done Speed Awarness course. Do I declare as conviction?

Post by nidaulhaque » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:58 pm

You have to tick the box and mention this, this will not effect your application

Jbkhan32

Re: Speeding Ticket, but I've done Speed Awarness course. Do I declare as conviction?

Post by Jbkhan32 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:34 am

lpoen wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:17 pm
Hello all,

I hope one of you might be able to help me, I am filling out the online form to become a British citizen and there is a question about Convictions and other penalties

Few months ago I received a speeding ticket for going 9 miles over the limit on a dual carriageway. Instead of taking the points and paying the fine to the Police, I have opted to take the speed awareness course. This made me avoid the points and also I didn't have to pay the fine to the Police.

On the application, should I tic the box A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance or because I took the speed awareness course, and thus have no conviction on my record, should I leave the box unticked?

Any help will be massively appreciated.

Thank you

Declare this course in (other information section)

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:12 am

Non declarance may result in a refusal due to deception.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lpoen
Newly Registered

Post by lpoen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Thanks for the input, all. I take it that after I select the tic box to declare it, I will, on the next page, be presented with a selection to choose the type of infraction that it is and also a box to explain it in?

epi
United Kingdom

Post by epi » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:48 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:12 am
Non declarance may result in a refusal due to deception.
Hi

A bit different scenario: for overspending of 5 miles a Notice of Intended Prosecution was issued to the car registered keeper (the AN applicant), but the driver at that time was a different person. That was explained to the police and the Notice was resent to the actual driver of the car under the same case number. Everything resulted in the speed awareness course. Should this be declared in AN application or explained in the cover letter?

Thank you.