ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Voluntary NI payment for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saragaso
Newly Registered

Advise on AN-form for Naturalisation

Post by Saragaso » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi

I need some advice on Naturalisation, particular on fill-in the form AN. Im on a ILR for the past one year .

1) What documents do I require for the application other than Passport,BRP,Life in UK, do I also need a letter for my employer.

2) Section 1.50- Do I also need the proof for my employments? P60s payslips. I have done some agency work 8 years ago and was also employed with a supermarket( Sainsbury) in a 3 day stint before I resigned and accepted a job with a tier 1 bank. I don't have any proof.

3) Page 31 of the Form Supporting documents- Section 10- Evidence of NI contributors- there is no Section 10 in the form.

I'll be grateful if the experts on the forum can please advise.

Regards.

tier2genmisery

Re: Advise on AN-form for Naturalisation

Post by tier2genmisery » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Saragaso wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:51 pm
Hi

I need some advice on Naturalisation, particular on fill-in the form AN. Im on a ILR for the past one year .

1) What documents do I require for the application other than Passport,BRP,Life in UK, do I also need a letter for my employer.

2) Section 1.50- Do I also need the proof for my employments? P60s payslips. I have done some agency work 8 years ago and was also employed with a supermarket( Sainsbury) in a 3 day stint before I resigned and accepted a job with a tier 1 bank. I don't have any proof.

3) Page 31 of the Form Supporting documents- Section 10- Evidence of NI contributors- there is no Section 10 in the form.

I'll be grateful if the experts on the forum can please advise.

Regards.
What did you do at the end?
CR001 says employment proofs arent necessary as long as you give them your passport with UK entry stamps and NI number

Saragaso
Newly Registered

Post by Saragaso » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:45 pm

Thanks. I have an old passport which was cancelled. So I take it I need to submit that as well? Secondly regarding the referees - I need a referee who is a member of a professional body? Would director in a company suffice?
Many thanks

Amo2012
United Kingdom

Post by Amo2012 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:50 am

Saragaso wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:45 pm
regarding the referees - I need a referee who is a member of a professional body? Would director in a company suffice?
Many thanks
hi,
here is the list of acceptable professional persons as referee:

https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf

hope it helps...

Saragaso
Newly Registered

Post by Saragaso » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:43 pm

Thanks very much. Anther query. I came to UK in Sep.2009. In 2012 I got a letter from HMRC stating a gap in my NI for the period of 2010-11 and was advised that the payment is purely voluntary and is not a mandated payment. I cleared it (2017) before my ILR application. I got another letter after clearing it that there was a further gap in NI from 2009-10 and again I was advised that it was purely voluntary.I ignored it as I came to the country only in Sep. 2009. I went for my ILR without paying the voluntary payment and my application was successful.
Im confused, can it have an impact on my Naturalisation?
Can you please advise?
Thanks.

Saragaso
Newly Registered

Voluntary NI payment for Naturalisation

Post by Saragaso » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:35 pm

I came to UK in Sep.2009. In 2012 I got a letter from HMRC stating a gap in my NI for the period of 2010-11 and was advised that the payment is purely voluntary and is not a mandated payment. I cleared it (2017) before my ILR application. I got another letter after clearing it that there was a further gap in NI from 2009-10 and again I was advised that it was purely voluntary.I ignored it as I came to the country only in Sep. 2009. I went for my ILR without paying the voluntary payment and my application was successful.Do I need to pay before my naturalisation application.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Voluntary NI payment for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:49 am

No you do not have to pay. It is "voluntary" after all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saragaso
Newly Registered

Post by Saragaso » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:43 pm

Thanks very much.

Saragaso
Newly Registered

Post by Saragaso » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:27 am

A follow on question please:

In the section where I need to put my employment history in UK

1) I have done some odd jobs- wine waiting( zero hours contracts) all accounted for. Do I need to put them on the record?
2) Ive been with a Tier 1 bank since 2012 and have ad 3 different roles. Should I put them as three separate entries spilling into another sheet?

Many thanks in anticipation.